please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Randy1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
north cAROLINA
I just got all my new equipment in and my receiver is a fortec star dynamic. I plugged it in and connected to tv. But, tv will not display anything on screen like the menu. I know it is hooked up right. When i turn the receiver off then the screens goes to a look on an off air display, when i turn the receiver on the screen goes black. on the front of the receiver four dashed lines are displayed. I have done everything i know to get it to display........

then.....

I thought this is an analog tv and the receiver is dvb. Is that why there is no display on the screen?

Thanks for helping!

R

How are you connecting to the TV - Component Cables, Coax, "Yellow" Video Cable, S Video?
Is there a button on the Remote to switch from Pal to NTSC?
Make sure you press the "STB" button on the remote

just hooked up audio/video cables and switched imput on tv to for that componet and got the same look on the screen as when i had coax cable hooked up.

You tried pressing the Menu button and selecting language, etc, Right?
Got your satellite cable plugged into the correct input on back?

the buttons on the front of the receiver do not work either. When I turn the unit off by the switch on the back of the reciever, then it turns the the display of the four dashes off. Then, when I flip the switch back on, the four dashes come back on. None of the buttons on the front side of receiver work.

When it comes to the remote, i think it might somewhat be working. When I hit like the channel up button, the power light button is shuttering as though it is sending the signal.

Both the on/off button on the remote and the receiver will not turn the unit off or on.

I have my cable for sat plugged in the right location

Thanks.

R

Sounds sick. I asked bout the cable because last week I had one of my receivers go haywire, wouldnt do anything right, no signal on anything lol. Took me 10min to figure out I had plugged the satellite cable into the LOOP-OUT jack !

my 2¢

Turn off power to the Fortec.
Disconnect the cable at the back of the FTA receiver, going to your dish.
Power up and try again.

If that doesn't work, contact the vendor you bought from.

lol! i have checked every connection 1000 times it seems. The receiver will just not work. I got it at sadoun which came in a kit. Are they a reputable company and do you think they will exchange the receiver?

lol! i have checked every connection 1000 times it seems. The receiver will just not work. I got it at sadoun which came in a kit. Are they a reputable company and do you think they will exchange the receiver?

Sadoun is great, they'll take care of you. Did you try Anole's suggestion of unplugging all the cables (with the power unplugged from the wall) and just testing the receiver with the TV Out for example?

If your cable to the dish has a short you might see this behavior out of the unit.

If your cable to the dish has a short you might see this behavior out of the unit.
Yea, that's what I was thinking.
There were lots of great ideas, and that was about the only thing nobody had yet suggested.

Sadoun is a Gold Sponsor for this site.
Phone him up, ask for Mr Sadoun, and chat with him directly.
If the phone is not convenient, PM him here on the system, but don't get upset if he doesn't see it instantly. :)

He'll make it right by you.

I unplugged everything then left all connections off (coax to tv, coax to satellite).

I plugged in the power and still got four dashes!
I even reprogrammed the remote for the stb power on button and still four lines! lol!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited to experience fta for the first time of my life, but I will have to wait unit problem is solved!

R

If you have the cable to load the firmware, I'd try going through that, just for grins. See if it'll take the firmware. You can get if from the fortecstar website..and the loader program too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts