Please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MAXTON

Original poster
May 9, 2014
new guy needs help ! my 33 inch dish only gets 55 tv channels 6 radio. I am a ham so I know some what of what I am doing. Was told my pole in not plum enough,looks good to me bubble is close ? Thank you,Maxton Galaxy 19

Welcome Maxton :welcome

What are a few of the names of the channels that scanned in?
Where are you located? Fort Pierce, FL?
What dish brand? 33" is pretty small for reliable reception but you should be getting more on G19
LNBF Brand and model and LO frequency?
Receiver Brand and model?
Where the channels logged using blind scan, satellite scan or transponder scan?
Is the LNBF rotated to the proper skew?

A post that is not plumb will make aiming more of a challenge, but will not reduce the Signal Quality as long as the LNBF skew is properly rotated.

Welcome to the site Maxon!!

Yes please give us more info on your set-up.

Ok 100 ch. now dead on plumb pole. $RTN,3ABN,DARE TO DREAM,LLBN ENGLISH,Amazing Disvoveri,OCN,STN TEST,RBNATN NEWS,MKTV sat,RTS,AL Moein TV and more.Open Box s9-hd reciever,winged dish.JSC-MB4-2 LNB. And I am also a ham KO4MAX,SCEW IS GOOD AND DID A BLIND SCAN. SIGNAL INTENSITY 85% SIGNAL QUALITY 73%. Thank you Max

Huh, I did better than 100 channels with my 30 inch and S9, ???
Check your receiver for the transponders listed in the attached file in this thread Galaxy 19 (97W) Ku-band channel guide -- Apr. 27 update
Edit as necessary. (You may have a ±3Mhz variance) Then do a transponder (Preset) scan of them.
Smaller dish might need a bit more 'tweaking' to get a few of them to come in.

The signal quality will be different on different transponders. With smaller dish you will experience interference from the adjacent satellite at 95w. If the transponder 11842 has higher signal quality readings than other transponders (example: 12177) then the dish is panned slightly west of the 97w satellite. This happens because panning west of 97w attenuates the interference from 95w that affects that transponder.

Place the STB on frequency 12177. If the signal quality reading is lower than on 11842, pan the dish slightly East to peak the quality reading for 12177. Once 12177 signal quality reading is optimized, delete all preprogrammed transponders and blind scan again. Most channels will be logged in this position. Split the difference, balance and optimize both 12177 and 11842 and all channels should scan in and be reliably received.

The adjacent satellite interference is less of a problem with larger dishes that have narrower beam width patterns. You will run into this type of problems on several satellites using undersized reflectors.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
I am in Elkview ,West Virginia, would you have an educated guess as to which frequency I should use to balance Galaxy 19. I have 90cm dish with Geo MicroHd. 11822 I don't get anything,12177 I get 59.

Neither do I. Think there's been some transponder 'movement' since the statement was valid.
Or it's 11842??
How many channels do you get? That would give a clue as to if you're missing any.
With a 90cm dish, shouldn't have much, if any, problem with adjacent interference.
Could look through the transponder list and take note of their Q. Maybe find one or more that are weaker. Then try 'balancing' them with dish adjustment E or W?

Elkview, if you are receiving 12177 but not 11842, then the reflector is to the eastern edge of the satellite signal. You could use other transponders instead of 12177, but we know that 12177 does not have adjacent satellite interference and 11842 does. Place the STB on 11842 and bump the dish west until you get a signal quality lock. Don't peak on either frequency or you will lose channels. Balance to get best signal quality read from both.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Last edited:
Max, Which ones do you get? List freq, polarity, and Q. Might give us a clue as to what your 'next step' could be.

Maxton,

LLBN, Dare To Dream channels are transmitted on transponder frequency 11842. What frequency do either of these channels appear on your system?

Answering the questions on post two of this thread would be very helpful as we try to help!

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I did a factory reset and a blind scan and I now have all the tv channels and radio too. 247 on the tv. Thanks for all your help,Maxton.If i can help give me a shout.

Elkview, if you are receiving 12177 but not 11842, then the reflector is to the eastern edge of the satellite signal. You could use other transponders instead of 12177, but we know that 12177 does not have adjacent satellite interference and 11842 does. Place the STB on 11842 and bump the dish west until you get a signal quality lock. Don't peak on either frequency or you will lose channels. Balance to get best signal quality read from both. Brian Gohl Titanium Satellite
I bumped trouble was I bump it to hard. I went in and turned on the tone beeper and since I use a wireless headset went back out and bumped it back till the beeps were really close. Now I have on all channels the lowest is 60 and the highest is 65, best so far. Somebody break my leg if I ever go up there again. Thanks for your help. I was getting really frustrated and thinking about buying a sathero 500 [which costs more than the dish] but your advise and everyone's encouragement really helped? Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)