Please Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scanner

Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I'm new to this Direct TV stuff and I have a Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack reciever and dish I was given. I just want to see if I can get a signal. No channels just know I can get a signal with this dish so I can use it with an FTA reciever I would like to get. I talked to someone today and they told me that if the switch is not being detected then don't bother going any further with setting up the dish. So today I proceeded to test the LNB or switch as the reciever calls it. I have 3 LNB that came with it and another one just like it and a single LNB. I have 50 feet of RG6 and I connected the cable directly to the LNB no dish just to see if the auto configure would detect it and it fails every time. I tried some other RG6 cable, nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with this reciever? Anyone else had experience with this? Obviously if I can't detect the switch with the reciever then I woun't be able to find the signal.
Thanks for any help.

scanner said:
I'm new to this Direct TV stuff and I have a Hughes SD-HBH Director Pack reciever and dish I was given. I just want to see if I can get a signal. No channels just know I can get a signal with this dish so I can use it with an FTA reciever I would like to get. I talked to someone today and they told me that if the switch is not being detected then don't bother going any further with setting up the dish. So today I proceeded to test the LNB or switch as the reciever calls it. I have 3 LNB that came with it and another one just like it and a single LNB. I have 50 feet of RG6 and I connected the cable directly to the LNB no dish just to see if the auto configure would detect it and it fails every time. I tried some other RG6 cable, nothing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong with this reciever? Anyone else had experience with this? Obviously if I can't detect the switch with the reciever then I woun't be able to find the signal.
Thanks for any help.
Do you able to get into the menu and do the signal meter section ????

For FTA you need a larger dish than the 18 x 20 Phase 3. If you want to receive Directv that system will work but you need to find the satellites before it can do a switch test.

Yes I can get to the signal meter section in the menu, so now I understand that the switch can't be tested till there is a signal. I get it. Can a round Dish 500 with dual LNB be used for fta?
Thanks

scanner said:
Yes I can get to the signal meter section in the menu, so now I understand that the switch can't be tested till there is a signal. I get it. Can a round Dish 500 with dual LNB be used for fta?
Thanks

other than for the audio and NASA, no

Well I have the dish pointed, it's level, Skew/tilt is 52, azimuth 231, elev 44, but I see others here have it set between 50-55. I did small sweeps and nothing! What can be wrong? I think it's time for me to get a meter, so at least I know if there is a signal coming through the LNB?
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)