Please help !!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thecoz

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
I might be the dumbest or the slowest (not sure which) but when I finally received our locals (9087-9091) on DISH, they have turned out to be an absolute disappointment. The signal is so bad they are almost unwatchable and, of course, there is no HD signal whatsoever. Can someone share with me where this issue has already been discussed on the Satellite Guys website, or, if not, where can I find any information or satisfaction. I have written to Dish Network and all I get is the typical run around. Thank you very much !! - - - thecoz

Rad - - - Thanks - - - I took your advice but that site was of no assistance - - - Any other thoughts?

I might be the dumbest or the slowest (not sure which) but when I finally received our locals (9087-9091) on DISH, they have turned out to be an absolute disappointment. The signal is so bad they are almost unwatchable and, of course, there is no HD signal whatsoever. Can someone share with me where this issue has already been discussed on the Satellite Guys website, or, if not, where can I find any information or satisfaction. I have written to Dish Network and all I get is the typical run around. Thank you very much !! - - - thecoz

well, if you would be so kind as to give us some more info like
-receiver model (s)
-what locals you have
-what do they look like? If they look bad, what kind of issues?

Well Ice seeing he is going to the 9000's we know it is old equipment probably 1000/2000/3000 or 4000. I think evrything newer will process as local channel numbers. Seeing AVS apparently dosen't have the city we can guess it is a small market with 6 channels or less and probably over compressed.

Gentlemen - - - I'm sorry for the lack of information provided - - - When it was rumored that the locals were going to be available, I had installed a new D.P. Dual dish (500?) and a new 622 receiver by the official DISH folks. I thought that was all I had to do to receive a good local signal along with HD programming. Evidently I was wrong. What am I missing??? By the way, all of the HD channels along with the ESPNs, etc. on HD come in beautifully. It's just the five locals that are almost unwatchable. Your advice??? Thank you in advance.

Gentlemen - - - I'm sorry for the lack of information provided - - - When it was rumored that the locals were going to be available, I had installed a new D.P. Dual dish (500?) and a new 622 receiver by the official DISH folks. I thought that was all I had to do to receive a good local signal along with HD programming. Evidently I was wrong. What am I missing??? By the way, all of the HD channels along with the ESPNs, etc. on HD come in beautifully. It's just the five locals that are almost unwatchable. Your advice??? Thank you in advance.

Sorry to say, but I suspect your SD locals are not going to get any better. They can look pretty crappy. If you have a smaller screen size (below 32" or so) it isnt real bad. But when you get to the bigger screen sizes, it will magnify the artifact, etc.

I doubt that you will see HD locals, from Dish, anytime soon. This leaves the option of going to OTA to get your local HD channels, assuming there are any available. Check http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx to see what you can get and what you will need to get them.

Larry - Thank you for your response although your news was not very pleasant to read - - - I can receive three and only three stations OTA but they are analog only, no digital - - - So, I guess, you are saying that I have to live with what I am receiving? - - - Would I be better off changing to Direct TV and will I be able to get HD reception on the remote networks with them?? - - - Thanks - - - John

I don't know about distant HD but regarding those analog ota station, if nothing changes with satellite those analog stations you can pick up should be forced to digital in two years and might have HD then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts