please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eesti

Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hello,

I recently set up an FTA system but I receive almost nothing- just 3 occasional channels and a channel called TES-38. The occasional channels only show color calibration screen. I am wondering what I did wrong setting up the system and how to fix it.

Here is the description of my equipment:

Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA FTA receiver
Channel Master 36x27 elliptical dish
Globecast Standard Single KU lnbf
Stationary mount

My location is Portland, Oregon 97220, I pointed the dish to IA5. According to the calculators, I used azimuth 128 degrees (compass reading according to declination), elevation 32 degrees and skew -23. I also used Eagle Aspen meter to peak the dish. The signal strength for the 4 stations I mentioned above is about 60 units.

Please help,

Thank you

When I check Portland, Oregon for IA5 (G25), here's what I get for #'s
Elevation: 31.8
Azmuth: 146.1
LNBF Skew: -23
Magnetic Deviation: -19
With Magnetic Deviation, your Azmuth should be @ 127.1

I'd try moving a degree or two and see if you pick anything up. The next satellite east from IA5 doesn't appear to have much on it according to lyngsat (mostly C and encrypted KU), so maybe that's what you're hitting.

Welcome :wave
I get those same numbers when I check it against sadoun's site
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

So those are the only channels you get? Hit "info" on the remote and the transponder info should be at the top. Let us know what that shows.

It sounds like you may not be at the right satellite

Here is the info I read for one of the occasional channel:
IA 5 KU, signal strength 66
TP Freq 11906 V-PID 1160
Symbol rate 26694 A-PID 1120
Polarity V P-PID 1160

OK...figured it out

You're on Galaxy 11 at 91 West. Also the LNB setting is wrong. You need to change ti from "UNI" to 10750. Thats why the frequency info is off (should be 12060, not 11906 which is about 150 off).

Need to move the dish 6 degrees west, which if you make a mark on the back of the mast you would move it 1/16" or so from that marking. Also, change the LNB from UNI (Universal) to 10750

Thank you very much! I was finally able to get it to the IA5.
I am receiving 117 channels now. The signal strength for all those channels is between 66 and 80. I don't know if this is normal according to my location and the size of my dish? I have one more question. I have read that the satellite broadcasts radio stations as well. What kind of equipment needed to receive radio?

Thank you very much! I was finally able to get it to the IA5.
I am receiving 117 channels now. The signal strength for all those channels is between 66 and 80. I don't know if this is normal according to my location and the size of my dish?
That is about right. Most of mine are between 50-85 or so on my Pansat 1500

I have one more question. I have read that the satellite broadcasts radio stations as well. What kind of equipment needed to receive radio?

just hit the radio button on the remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)