Please I Need Help With The Directv Latin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotboyme

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
HI, I JUST BOUGH DIRECTV FROM LATIN AMERICA IN south america I LEFTED THE DISH AND 1 OF THE RECEIVERS in south america they work fine, the service still work and the other receiver i took it with me to the united states. i wanted to know what type of dish and lnb I need in order to get the satellite GALAXY3C which is the satellite for latin Directv, i heard that i could watch latin television from the united states as long as i paid the bill in time from south america ..... i tried to use the directv lnb that the directv USA give for free but when i connect the latin receiver it doesnt work the transponders from 1-24 doesnt work what do i need in order to make this work?? bigger dish ??? single LNB ???

You can not pick up the south america directv in north america. The satellite footprint is for the southern hemisphere. It's the same reason you can't pick up the north american service in south america.

You might be able to get it in southern florida only. The link to a footprint map is below.

http://www.kvh.com/footprint/images/directv_la.jpg

Last edited:
IT cant be true

so you mean that even if i get at bigger dish or antenna still wont be able to pick up the signal ????:( any other sugestions ???/? can someone help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???????????

IT cant be true

so you mean that even if i get at bigger dish or antenna still wont be able to pick up the signal ????:( can someone help meeeeeee????????????

Dish size can only do so much; if the footprint of the satellite's signal does not cover you then it will not work.

PanAmSat is the satellite operator, Directv Latin America is the service provider for the latin American service in question. You can view this just fine in the southern region of the US from CA to FL with a 1m size dish and a bit further north with a larger dish. You need a specific LNB with a 10.5 ghz LO, which is different from the US Directv.
Bob
dragon002 said:
do you mean you subscribe to PAN AM SAT?

hey

so why does direc tv south america uses galaxy 3c and when i search for the cordinates LyngSat gives me the SatTracker!!!?? i think if the footprint showing in the pic shows the size of the dish u need in order to pic up the signal i believe a 80" dish will make the diference any sugestions ????

Where in the US do you live? That satellite's signal only hits the US so far up from the south. So no matter how big of a dish you have, if you are not IN the signal's beam, you will not be able to get anything. If you are in the beam/footprint, then you will need a specific LNBF as mentioned above. If you look at the Lygnsat list for Galaxy 3C - in the beam section - you will see it says Latin America. http://www.lyngsat.com/g3c.html

Last edited:
read

PanAmSat is the satellite operator, Directv Latin America is the service provider for the latin American service in question. You can view this just fine in the southern region of the US from CA to FL with a 1m size dish and a bit further north with a larger dish. You need a specific LNB with a 10.5 ghz LO, which is different from the US Directv.
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon002
do you mean you subscribe to PAN AM SAT?

WELL I DINDT SUBSCRIBE TO THE PAN AM SAT! WHAT I SUBSCRIBE TO WAS THE DIRECTV LATIN AMERICA WHICH USES THE GALAXY 3C 95 W, SO IM WONDERING THAT EVEN WITH THE 1M SIZE DISH OR BIGGER AND 10.5 GHZ LO AND THE ORIGINAL DIRECTV BOX RECEIVER THAT THE DIRECT TV GIVE ME IN SOUTH AMERICA COULD I GET THEIR LATIN SERVICE ??? BECAUSE IN THE SAT TRACKER IT GIVES ME THE CORDINATES? AM I RIGHT ??? OR DO I NEED TO LIVE IN FL IN ORDER TO GET THEIR SERVICE???

Where are you located? The Latin American footprint is different from the US footprint and Lyngsat will not be much help for this service.
Bob
hotboyme said:
so why does direc tv south america uses galaxy 3c and when i search for the cordinates LyngSat gives me the SatTracker!!!?? i think if the footprint showing in the pic shows the size of the dish u need in order to pic up the signal i believe a 80" dish will make the diference any sugestions ????

Kill the the caps please, there is no need to yell. Just reread my post above yours. Just because you have their hardware dosen't not guarantee the reception, where you are located matters too. All that Lyngsat Sat Tracker is for is to show the relationship of a particular satellite to your aprox location, but some satellites can have seperate spot beams that are NOT directed at us here in the USA. Galaxy 3C is just such a sat.

Last edited:
I Live In Nj

Well I Live In Nj, So What Website Can Give Me The Directv Bean Signal Range ????? Also How Come We Can Pick Up Free International Channels From The North, It Doesnt Make Sense How Come People Can Get Channels From South America Living In The North America???

If you are in New Jersey you are out of luck for DirecTV Latin America services, but can get DirecTV US and their Para Todos service.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/see/ParaTodosLanding.jsp

You can also get what ever is broadcasting via FTA (free to air) KU/C band with the proer gear.

It makes perfect sense why people in the US can't get subscription services from South America or any place else and visa versa.

Last edited:
there isnt other way

come on guys everything is posible in this wold ??
there has to be something that can help me out, i cant move to floridad in order to watch their service there has to be other ways around??:(

What exactly are you talking about? What are you trying to do? If there is no signal you can't get it; plain and simple. What programming are you wanting? I mean there are tons of European channels I want with my dishes, but there is no USA signal, so there is just no way! You could get someone to record it for you on a DVR and send it to you via the internet or DVD.

i thought that in order to get their signal was depending in the size of dish.. that why i thought that i could get their signal but i guess the only solution is just to move to florida??

Nope, you could have a full 10' dish in NJ but there would be no luck getting a signal spot beamed that far out of the USA. In fact, one of my dishes IS a 10' C/KU system and there are many beams I can't get.

If you were down in Southern Texas, Southern California, Baja or South Florida you might have a shot because some of those spot beams do overlap the southern border a tiny bit.

Last edited:
there isnt

there isnt any technology available not matter how much it cost ???

Nope, unless you want to setup some sort of broadcast company and negotiate some sort of retransmission rights; which I can tell you will not happen. BUT that would be the ONLY way.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts