Please I need Q levels for 127W Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Please could you post levels for Horizons 1 @ 127W so I can confirm I am tracking the Ku arc perfectly and move on to do something different this weekend, lol. Obssesive-compulsive perfectionistic behaviour does not even describe this insanity!!, lol.

With my CS 8100 and the Fortec 6' C/ku Dish I am getting:

12140V 30000 45Q with Auto FEC but with 5/6 FEC it shows 27%
11884V 4350 20Q (if I select 1/2 FEC but with Auto it shows 1%)
11975V 19125 22Q (If I select 2/3 FEC but with Auto it shows 4%)
11895H 4900 65Q (If I select 2/3 FEC but with Auto it shows 47%)

With the slaved CS 6000 premium

12140V 30000 69Q Data TP
11884V 4350 60Q EJN_2 (it says scrambled)
11975V 19125 64Q Data TP
11895H 4900 69Q Data TP

I am ok with the levels that the cS8100 shows but with the CS6000 those are marginal levels even for a 3/4 FEC signal. 1/2 and 2/3 are usually higher and easier to lock to. Intelsat's coverage maps show very high EIRP's for my area, 48 dBW so I should expect better signal levels, right? Or should I get a girlfriend, lol. Well , that I know, lol.

BTW , as per the birdog's SA there are 2 more very wide signals , I guess 30 000 SR , 1 at 11820V and the other at 11860V. They should be DVB-S2 and I tried every possible combination of FEC , Pilot, SR and modulation type (poor man blind scan) with no luck. Does any one know exactly which signals are those? The CS6000 blind scan does not even shows anything on those hence I think they are DVB-S2.

HD Fan,

I know that it is virtually impossible to compare signal levels and quality levels between different receiver models, but if you are just trying to confirm that you are on the correct bird then here are my results using an AZBox with a 1.2M antenna near Omaha, NE USA:

12140V 30000 84%Q with 3/4 FEC
11884V 4350 58%Q with 2/3 FEC
11975V 19125 74%Q with 2/3 FEC
11895H 4900 57%Q with 2/3 FEC

plus

11885H 11176 68%Q with 2/3 FEC

RADAR

Thanks Radar , I just locked the last one 11885H with 50Q (if I select FEC 2/3). BTW 11884V for me is 1/2 FEC on the CS 8100. The same discrepancy with 12140V (5/6). I think to remember we have discussed before that sometimes some receivers might say a different FEC , is that the case again?.

As per Intelsat maps we both are under the 48 dBW coverage and similarly close to those 48 lines so it is a good comparison although your wethaer might have not been perfect and sunny like mine.

The funny thing is , in your case the H signals are stronger than the V ones. In my case is the reverse case, H stronger than V. I get full 99Q on mi true south 79W (Ktel) and on 55.5W there are several TP with the same parameters but opposed polarity working ok but only DW and Russia Today TP's are pixeleating after I fixed the mount cap (although they show strong signal) so I have not decided yet to adjust the skew on the LNB more. I am still blaming those DW, Russia Today issues (and a few week signals lost like RTS) to the tree branches but now your values give me second thoughts. I will look into it further with the birdog and see what can come up with. At true south or zenith (79.6W) I can see the probes inside the LNB are just a bit off 0 skew, but just a bit so I do not want to mess around with it since it is only 1 screw to hold the LNB and it might also change the focal point or the alignment.

Thanks again for posting those values, it helps a lot. BTW What would be the minimum Q to lock with 2/3 and 3/4 FEC values on the Azbox?. I know with a CS8100 3/4 FEC 9Q or above is stable ok.

Thanks Radar , I just locked the last one 11885H with 50Q (if I select FEC 2/3). BTW 11884V for me is 1/2 FEC on the CS 8100. The same discrepancy with 12140V (5/6). I think to remember we have discussed before that sometimes some receivers might say a different FEC , is that the case again?.

I am not sure of this. I have tried changing the SR on a good signal and it doesn't seem to affect my quality reading. I have been leaving mine set at AUTO and then blind scanning and allowing the AZBox to decide what to fill it in with.

As per Intelsat maps we both are under the 48 dBW coverage and similarly close to those 48 lines so it is a good comparison although your weather might have not been perfect and sunny like mine.

The funny thing is , in your case the H signals are stronger than the V ones. In my case is the reverse case, H stronger than V. I get full 99Q on mi true south 79W (Ktel) and on 55.5W there are several TP with the same parameters but opposed polarity working ok but only DW and Russia Today TP's are pixeleating after I fixed the mount cap (although they show strong signal) so I have not decided yet to adjust the skew on the LNB more. I am still blaming those DW, Russia Today issues (and a few week signals lost like RTS) to the tree branches but now your values give me second thoughts. I will look into it further with the birdog and see what can come up with. At true south or zenith (79.6W) I can see the probes inside the LNB are just a bit off 0 skew, but just a bit so I do not want to mess around with it since it is only 1 screw to hold the LNB and it might also change the focal point or the alignment.

KTEL on 79W must be a strong and clean signal. I also get it here at 99% and it is overcast right now. With regards to the differences between the signal Q on H vs V TPs, that could be many things or combinations of things. My first guess would be slight differences in LNBF polarization angle or the LNBF itself.

Thanks again for posting those values, it helps a lot. BTW What would be the minimum Q to lock with 2/3 and 3/4 FEC values on the Azbox?. I know with a CS8100 3/4 FEC 9Q or above is stable ok.

I haven't experimented with the FEC on low Q signals to determine anything specific here. All I know is that the threshold is somewhere around 29-32%Q in a general sense.

You're welcome for the info.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)