Please Post your Setup and TVFOOL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Figured this is a good way to compare and perhaps improve our own installs.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d46aebce130e27e

CM4228HD --> Cm7777 Pre-amp ---> Cheap 3way splitter ----> 3 SONY LCD/LED Screens.

Receive all in range channels (26).

Cheers, K
I can see why you make you make fun of Quebec so much.;) Here's my TVfool report http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=46ae2de01e4dc2
I'm still using the old rooftop antenna with a broken rotor and and no pre-amp and its stuck facing north. Windsor is SE of me so the only Canadian channel I get is CBC (CBET-DT) and that's only in good weather (i.e. the second it starts raining, the signal goes out on that channel). I get all the Detroit stations in just fine.

I've have a CM-4228 w/CM-7775 pointing north (DC and Baltimore during tropo) and another CM-4228 w/CM-7775 pointing south (Richmond and Charlottesville) for the past 12-years. All was peachy keen until the digital transition a few years ago when some broadcasters returned to their VHF frequency so I lost ABC and CBS out of DC and NBC out of the south Antenna. Have cable so it's not a big deal. Otherwise, I would look into getting rid of both antenna and buying a single VHF/UHF deep-fringe solution since all OTA channels are 53+ miles away. At out Dallas home I have a CM-4228 in the attic which works perfectly until we lost channels after the transition. We still have FiOS so it's not a huge deal.

At out Dallas home I have a CM-4228 in the attic which works perfectly until we lost channels after the transition.

What did you lose? I have a CM-4228 in my attic and I receive every channel with 100% signal. The only VHF is 8 and 11, and those are high enough for the CM-4228 to pick up reliably. If ch 4 ever moves, I'm sure I'm screwed.

What did you lose? I have a CM-4228 in my attic and I receive every channel with 100% signal. The only VHF is 8 and 11, and those are high enough for the CM-4228 to pick up reliably. If ch 4 ever moves, I'm sure I'm screwed.

How to you measure signal strenght? Only my oldest Sony LCD (2007) has a signal meter, the other two (2011/2013) dont.

How to you measure signal strenght? Only my oldest Sony LCD (2007) has a signal meter, the other two (2011/2013) dont.

1) Windows Media Center built in signal strength function
2) SiliconDust utility that came with my HDHomeRuns

In Dallas 8 & 9 are the VHF channels CH. 11-1 moved to UHF 19 and CBS Sherman is VHF 12 you might receive them.

In Dallas 8 & 9 are the VHF channels CH. 11-1 moved to UHF 19 and CBS Sherman is VHF 12 you might receive them.

Not according to TVfool. I never watch 52, so I dont care about that.

5o6xSK1.png

KTVT is on RF19. RF11 went away a long time ago.

The only VHF stations in Dallas are WFAA on RF8 and KFWD on RF9. As noted, some may receive KXII on RF12.

- Trip

I bought a Terrestrial Digital (Antennas Direct) DB8 back in March. I added a clearance amplifier from Radio Shack a couple months ago, mentioned a few threads down.

tvfool.jpg

My balcony faces northeast with the antenna aimed north so I can pull in WGBY, which is PBS out of Massachusetts. It compromises a couple of other channels, but we want PBS more than anything else. It's possible I could get more if I added a VHF antenna, but it's not worth the expense for a second NBC and second ABC.

The channels I actually receive:
3.1, 3.3, 3.4 CBS (RF 33)
18.1-18.4 Univision, Univision SD, UniMas, LA-TV (RF 46)
20.1, 20.2 CW, This (RF 20)
24.1-24.3 PBS, CPTV4U, CPTV Sports (RF 45)
26.1-26.5 iON, qubo, iON Life, Shop, QVC (RF 26) *iffy due to antenna aim
30.1, 30.2 NBC, Cozi-TV (RF 35)
40.1, 40.2 ABC, Fox (RF 40) *iffy during rain/overcast
48 AMGTV, formerly RTV
57.1-57.4 PBS, World, Kids, Create (RF 22)
59.1 MyTV (RF 39) *only in ideal conditions, pretty well blocked by my building
61.1, 61.2 Fox, AntennaTV (RF 31)

This is when I lived in the house. Got everything down to KEYC (which is 72 miles away). The 19 right above that is bogus as its off the air. Was a TBN translator in analog.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=46ae0756d5bbe2

HBU44 aimed at Minneapolis (and for DX'ing)...hooked up to TV and AM21
HBU33 aimed at Minneapolis...hooked up to 3 other spots in the house and my neighbor's garage. I lived in a townhouse and our garages were separated by sheetorck wall. He needed something in the garage and I had easy access already in the garage so it worked out.
YA1713 aimed at Mankato (for KEYC...the only station in the market)

In the apartment its pretty much down to KPXM. Univision is still analog (WUMN) and the ones below that are hit and miss as they are low powered (and sometimes off the air). HBU22 in the closet

Here's mine, although it's not very accurate. Some stations that you'd think I might get I don't, or not very well. Like WNAC-DT 12, only 30 mi. away, but it only comes in sometimes. Whereas WTNH-DT 10 comes in perfect all the time, 61.5 mi. away. I also get some stations not even on this list, like WNYW out of New York, which is cool, 5.2 on it is Movies!. Receive a lot of NY stations, 4, 5 [Movies + 2 others, 7[Livewell], 9 WWOR, 25[NYLIFE, NYGOV, CUNY.

I have a Winegard HD8200u ant., Antennacraft rotor, AP-8275 pre-amp and a CM-3418 8 port distribution amp.

I use the signal monitor app from my Hauppauge HVR-1600 tuner cards to check signal strength, http://hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1600.html, [under the accessories tab] . It's a standalone app but I don't know if it works on cards other than Hauppauge. Also use the media center to check signal sometimes, but the Hauppauge app works better.

I get something like 48 stations in all.

Attachments

• Radar-All.png
    Radar-All.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
@ Kitty.. nice selection of OTA channels. Am jealous.
I'm right near Hartford, aimed at Springfield MA. If I had a house, rather than an apartment, my selection would be even better.

My fiancee and I are eyeing houses in southern VT/NH. Some of those valleys are disastrous for TV.

I'm right near Hartford, aimed at Springfield MA. If I had a house, rather than an apartment, my selection would be even better.

My fiancee and I are eyeing houses in southern VT/NH. Some of those valleys are disastrous for TV.
Yes being in a valley may suck for OTA. I lived in Leyden, Ma just about a mile from the VT. border in a North South Valley, Ch.3 Hartford came in beautiful better than 50 miles away. But all the Springfield stations went right over the valley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts