Please Read...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hi Folks,

Happy Halloween!

We have a bunch of stuff going on and coming up here at SatelliteGuys.US that I wanted to make you aware of.

First I would like to announce that we have changed the PM limit for our supporters from 100 PM's to 500 PM's.

Second I would like to announce that we will soon be upgrading to vBulletin 3.50 which is our forum software we use here at SatelliteGuys.US.

By upgrading to 3.50 it gives us additional features and system improvement which we believe you will enjoy! The database optimazation in vB 3.50 is enough alone to make us want to upgrade. :)

Because of this upgrade a number of features will change or go away temporarly. These include...

1) The Arcade - This feature will only go away for a few days, as Neutron will need to install all the games again. The arcade has been tested and works great on the new software.

2) Members Home Theaters - There is a brand new version of this program available for vBulletin, however I need to tweek it to make it fit our site. This may take a few weeks. I am planning to blow out all the photos we have listed now so we can start fresh with the new software. The new software has so many new features and you will be able to show off everything in your home theater. :)

3) Customized Forum Listings - This feature is unfortunately going away, this is the one product I wanted ported over to vB3.50 however the author can't get it to work.

However with this said we do have an alternate software available to us which almost works the same (it just does not customize the forum listings display for you) and it works by you selecting the forums you want to read, then when you click on new posts you only see the new posts in the forums you have selected. We feel this is a viable solution. :)

These should be the only issues.

When we switch over the site will have a fresh new look, we have been using this look at our beta site and the staff has mentioned that they like the new look better, we hope you feel the same way. :)

At the moment, this upgrade is expected to take place on Saturday Morning. We will be starting the upgrade at 7am and expect to be done by 2pm (if not sooner) The reason for the extended down time is so we can do some cleaning and get rid of things on the server which are no longer used.

We continue to work hard on SatelliteGuys to give you the best overall experiance. We hope you enjoy it when it is done!

I will post an official announcement on the upgrade when I have the date confirmed. :)

i look forward to seeing everyone post their home theaters again. i think most of the users have upgraded or changed some components, so it will be a good time to get the camera out and take new pictures.

Yup the new one will have more features as well. So people can talk about their setups.

One more thing I forgot to mention is it appears that UONTV is going through some change on November 1st and will no longer be airing the Dr Dish show. :(

We are looking for someone else to air the DrDish show for us on Satellite here in the USA.

I just got a note from DrDish and we are working on securing us additional transponder space here in the USA. :)

BTW you can watch the latest DrDish show (including our debut on DrDish) at http://drdish-tv.com/video_online.html

The SatelliteGuys segment airs around the 23 minute mark. :)

Enjoy!

I hate that about the new post thing where you have to select each forum. I would not mind if we were allowed more time to browse through the threads before it times out and says there are no new posts. That is a problem I experience a bit if something comes up while in the middle of reading all of the new posts since my last visit.

Please ignore this line...

3) Customized Forum Listings - This feature is unfortunately going away, this is the one product I wanted ported over to vB3.50 however the author can't get it to work.

I am happy to report that we have got this feature working on vb3.50 :)

Yeah I know, this was the main modification that was keeping us from moving to vb3.5

BTW the upgrade will NOT be this weekend, lots of things going on. I will post when the move will take place.

vBulletin upgrade

I frequent another VB 3.5 forum, and when it's set up right, it's dynamite!
The product has come a long ways!
Your tuning of 3.0.6 shows a lot of style.

I've been running phpBB for some time, and never liked (the older) VBulletin.
Will be evaluating the new offering from phpBB, but now I have something serious to compare it to.

Congrats in the upcoming changeout.
I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts