Plug for Lee Richardson of Mech Tech

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Oregon
I like to give credit when it is due. I have no relationship with Lee other than the transaction described here.

I am one of those odd customers, an engineer-type, who asks a lot of questions and my wife (the realtor) says can be quite annoying.

Most vendors can't be bothered with answering a long list of questions. And the answers you do get often betray greater ignorance.

I have a 12' Paraclipse with fine mesh that I wanted to upgrade from C-only to C/KU band to use with my new DSR922. Consequently I was trying to get an education in feedhorns and LNBs. I know a thing or two about RF and microwave, but had never investigated the market for upgrades.

Lee Richardson [mechtech@evansville.net] popped up in one of my Google searches and when I asked a couple simple questions of him, I got detailed patient authoritative answers. I placed an order with him for a feedhorn and a couple of LNBs, whereupon he immediately called me back to say that he was temporarily out of the feedhorn I ordered. He apologized profusely for the inconvenience and offered to cancel the entire order if I liked. After looking around a bit, I placed an order for a feedhorn elsewhere and decided to still order the LNBs from him. To compensate for my inconvenience, he expedited my shipping at no charge. I have probably pestered him with half a dozen more questions, all of which he answered clearly, accurately, and in ample detail to satisfy even a detail oriented engineer-type.

Understand that I have had all of one transaction with the guy, but am already quite impressed. Your mileage may vary, but I'll bet he'd treat you well too.

Again, I have no connection to him, but I believe in giving credit when somebody gives great service.

Thanks Lee!

I second that. I've only dealt with Lee a few times, but he has always been very helpful and has always done what he said he would.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with Lee on several occasions and have always been amazed at his depth of knowledge, willingness to assist me, and being treated as tho I'm his ONLY customer.

When a friend and I are discussing BUD or FTA equipment issues, dicussions often end with statements starting like "According to Lee", "I read in a post by Lee", or "I think Lee posted something on this, let's go see".

Not putting the man on a pedistal, but he knows his stuff and has his own idea of customer satisfaction that is both hard to find and in my oppinion extremely difficult to beat.

Would highly recommend to anyone that they tune into Dana Pretzer's CBand Talk when Lee is on as special guest. You will find it informative and get an idea of how well Lee is respected in the field.

I asked some questions a while back via email, he was very nice in answering my questions and quick to reply to emails. I'm glad to know there are people out there that still cares about C Band. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

LEE Richardson is top shelf

HI I am jackpeas@yahoo.com in Chicago,ILL.You know you keep your best stuff on the top shelf.You have to reconize quality when you see it or hear it.LEE is a quality man.He is the same everyday.But I still shop around/Looking for the best price.We had a search for p9@58 deg.I did not know My dish was not align.So everytime I go across p9 I could not find it.I had just got a new 10"ft DH satellite solid dish and put it in.I was getting almost all of the tp.I did not think about my dish need an alignment.Someone said maybe I need a blind search receiver.Ok I order a satwork3688 from lee.My 4dtv receiver is suppose to find it.But as you know the 4d can be wrong to.This went on maybe 2 weeks.I got trees on my east side.But I had been to p9 with my wineguard 10'ft dish and 24" arm. Anyway LEE told me to check my alignment,He also told me how to do it.Well I had 3 guys to come to align my dish.The first guy came out just look at it and said you are in the trees.#2 guy came out and work on it about 5 hours got it close.#3 guy came out he ask me a few question,He had a few tools in his pocket he fixit it.Then I was getting p9@58deg. I am retired now and have been for 6 year.At my job we had to go to class on quality/dirtfoot =do it right the first time,Lee is mr Quality. Thanks

Here, here...

I am also a repeat customer. In fact, I have a QualiTV on the way from Lee right now. Great, helpful service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.