PlutoTV and XUMOTV on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
hello my friends this will be last time i will ask until team summit what can we do to get plutotv and xumotv as applications on the hopper 3 dvr. here are their website if you would like to check them out.
All Channels & Genres
and
Pluto TV

thanks

Allen bluegras

I would presume that Dish being a for profit organization, they might be influenced to add those apps if the provider paid them to include them.

Reactions: HipKat
Not a chance with Pluto, now that its owned by Verizon. Don't know about the other. I think Dish is about bringing costs down, sure they'd be interested in new programming, but with TV Stations, and apps only if it is profitable for Dish or increases its value,I don't really see how Pluto can do that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Not a chance with Pluto, now that its owned by Verizon. Don't know about the other. I think Dish is about bringing costs down, sure they'd be interested in new programming, but with TV Stations, and apps only if it is profitable for Dish or increases its value,I don't really see how Pluto can do that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Actually Pluto is owned by Viacom now.

Reactions: Juan and NYDutch
I wonder how long till Philo tv decides to absorb Pluto tv and add it to their pay service and the free version goes bye bye.
From what I've read, Viacom seem to be pretty happy with Pluto's current 12 million user ad supported format, and plans to expand on it. I don't know if Viacom owns enough of Philo to have much control over its operations.

With these big corporations, nothing's good enough.
That may show up in how they implement an expansion. Viacom said only 50% of the available ad time is currently booked though, so filling that out would be the first goal I'd think. With other major media companies like Amazon, Sony, Google, etc., also in the running or entering the fray with free ad-supported services, Viacom may not be in a hurry to move Pluto out of it beyond offering a premium subscription based version perhaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts