Pocket Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
Which receivers will the pocket dish work with? I read in the manual, and it says to just connect it to a Dish Receiver's USB port. It didn't state which receivers are eligible. All I know is, when I try to connect a Digital Camera to my 625, it just tries to reboot instantly. I have to unplug it again in order to let the process of reboot complete.

According to our training class I think I remember its every DishNetwork PVR (Personal Video Recorder aka DVR) receiver other then the 721 even though I didnt pay much attention because I wasn't too siked on the PocketDish but you can record any signal from any device using the analog RCA jacks with the exception of the AE405 (2" screen PocketDish)

If that's true, then they need to upgrade the software to enable the USB port. So far it crashed with anything I hooked up to the USB port. This all doesn't make sense to me. If they sell the pocket dish and don't enable the USB ports via software upgrade on the receivers to hook them up, then it is pretty much worthless to most DISH customers...

There's not enough info on DISH's website about the pocketdish. I don't wanna know how many people actually thinking about getting one, and once they do, they figure out that they can't use it with their receiver, UNLESS they have a 942 which I heard it apparently works with. But they don't tell you that, there's no info whatsoever about which receiver is the requirement. To hook it up to a dish receiver is the main reson people are bying it. It's nice that you can hook it up to a PC, but that's not what most people are getting it for in the first place. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)