Pocket Radar

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Pocket Radar

Pocket Radar utilizes a Doppler radar signal detection and processing system coupled with re-engineered microwave and antenna components to deliver the same powerful performance of traditional bulky radar guns, in a device compact enough to easily fit into a shirt pocket.

In creating the world’s most compact speed radar device, we had to completely re-assess, re-engineer and re-build nearly every aspect of traditional radar technology. By combining Pocket Radar’s proprietary digital signal processing algorithms and state-of-the-art intelligent target acquisition techniques with we are able to provide users with industry leading accuracy and speed measurement in a device that is a tiny fraction of the size of traditional speed radar guns.

Using proprietary digital signal processing algorithms and state-of-the-art intelligent target acquisition techniques to provide users with industry leading accuracy and speed measurement detection across all ranges, Pocket Radar sets a new standard for performance. Designed to be used by both professionals and everyday consumers in a wide range of applications, from coaches clocking baseball pitch speeds, to athletes seeking improved performance, to NASCAR® racing fans looking to enhance their viewing experience and become part of the action, Pocket Radar forges a new standard in speed radar performance.

Accurate to within 1 mile per hour, Pocket Radar is able to take 10,000 speed measurements using one set of AAA batteries. Its small size and easy-to-use point-and-shoot functionality means that Pocket Radar users can get right to the action, while others are still setting up and turning on their traditional, bulky radar speed guns.

I played with this last night at Showstoppers, it was neat having a handheld radar gun, however I could not think of any practical use for this in my life. It would be a toy that I would use once or twice then toss it into the pile of stuff I never use.

I played with this last night at Showstoppers, it was neat having a handheld radar gun, however I could not think of any practical use for this in my life. It would be a toy that I would use once or twice then toss it into the pile of stuff I never use.

lol, that hasn't stopped you before (isnt that right Eva??) :)

I agree with Scott though. It looked cool, but I couldn't think of a use personally. Maybe if you played sports and wanted to track your tennis serve, pitching speed, or something?

Might be fun to take to the ballpark, but these days every park has a radar already set up and they display speed on every pitch. It would be useful for the recreational folks though.

I organize car rallyes and I have arranged to borrow obsolete police units. We use it as a way of enforcing maximum speeds in certain circumstances. It mostly triggers the radar detectors and slows folks down to where we want them to be running, although we will use the results to penalize folks.

I think this all comes down to cost, but even at $200, there is probably a very limited market.

At the town where I once worked, we had to have the police radar guns recalibrated every year. Done with a tuning fork. I seriously doubt this whiz-bang will never need to be cal'd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)