PocketDish & 622 HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gL1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
Anyone has experience with these combos??
I just placed an order for the av500e and was hoping that it'll
record from the HD programs stored in my 622 - or will it just downconvert them to SD instead......

I really wanted the 100gb Archos version for $200 more, but too bad it doesn't have the Dish function.. :(

No you can not record any of the HD shows (or anything recording off an off air digital station even if its not in HD) onto the PocketDish. :(

Oh no..
I rarely ever watch SD programings anymore, all I've been recording are HD contents.
if that's the case, I think I'll rather get the 100gb Archos brand one.

-----For Sale: Brand New PocketDish Av500e. Paid $380. Best Offer!!-------

gL1 said:
Oh no..
I rarely ever watch SD programings anymore, all I've been recording are HD contents.
if that's the case, I think I'll rather get the 100gb Archos brand one.

-----For Sale: Brand New PocketDish Av500e. Paid $380. Best Offer!!-------

Can you transfer Dish HD content to the 100G Archos? I would guess not because of the encryption.

since I can't transfer HD contents anyways, it'll be pointless for me to keep the Pocketdish.
With my viewing habits, I won't have any SD contents to transfer with......
unless it'll automatically downconvert the HD contents to SD while transfering - which the tech support over at Pocketdish said it'll do...... but from what I've been reading, that seems to be not the case.

100gb vs 30gb is a big difference....

Last edited:
gL1 said:
since I can't transfer HD contents anyways, it'll be pointless for me to keep the Pocketdish.
With my viewing habits, I won't have any SD contents to transfer with......
unless it'll automatically downconvert the HD contents to SD while transfering - which the tech support over at Pocketdish said it'll do...... but from what I've been reading, that seems to be not the case.

100gb vs 30gb is a big difference....

If the Dish 622 will downconvert HD recordings to SD then transfer to the pocketdish then I'll get one. If not, then I'll have to rethink this.

I have a 622 and a 7 inch pocketdish and it does not work.

I have also asked Dish about this and was told by one person that the next generation of PocketDish would do HD transfer.

did they mention when this "next gen" PocketDish will come out?
reason I bought one was for my long flight to Singapore hopefully in August....

why can't they just provide a simple firmware update to enable the transfer -
just trying to screw us consumer it seems......
I am so ready to buy the regular 100gb version now!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have a 622 and a 7 inch pocketdish and it does not work.

I have also asked Dish about this and was told by one person that the next generation of PocketDish would do HD transfer.

So what good is the widescreen if you cant download hd to it, or even widescreen content?

I recorded a movie which was letter boxed, and then set the PocketDish to go full screen and it looked nice (and the letter box black bars were gone)

However the widescreen really isnt used unless you want to stretch the picture to fill the screen.

I bought the av500 from Fry's to try it out & regular 4:3 programs looked really small in the 4" screen, and if i "maximize" it - I lose the subtitle.......( i watch alot of foreign movies & animes)

I already have a 7" pvp http://www.nextar.com/frontend/proddetail.asp?pn=MC1007&co=10000310 but portability is a big issue!!
But it automatically fills out the screen without cutting out anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)