Pocketdish future

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
I have the AV 700E but am interest in a new one that will handle HD recordings. Does anyone know if E* plans to continues this progam on the new model>

I know that the Archos will work alone but I like downloading the free content ( not really free because I did pay for it) with the dish encryption. I also like the idea of wifi on it so I can downlod anything while at an airpor etc.

I have emailed E* on it but got no response.

anhyone have any ideas?

In our SattelliteGuys meeting with Charlie, Charlie told us about the next generation PocketDISH that is coming.

He said he actually used it on his trip down to Dallas. He mentioned that it has a touch screen, a higher res screen, can download HD content from the 622 and a much improved user interface. He said if he can figure it out then anyone can.

We will be hearing more about the new PocketDISH line by this fall.

In our SattelliteGuys meeting with Charlie, Charlie told us about the next generation PocketDISH that is coming.

He said he actually used it on his trip down to Dallas. He mentioned that it has a touch screen, a higher res screen, can download HD content from the 622 and a much improved user interface. He said if he can figure it out then anyone can.

All your information is merely speculation! Nothing new. It's only real if the company officially announces it.
You are hereby banned from your site for one week! ;)

Tom in TX

Ahh finally a vacation. :)

People don't realize to do all this traveling I take vacation time from my real job. (And when I take these "vacations" I actually do more work then I would if I was at work.) :D

That is exactly the answer that I was looking for Scott, thanks. Now I have to figure a way to convince my wife that my AV700E isn't working properly or obsolete with the 622 now or something like that.... Maybe just ask for it as a birthday gift!

Thanks!

The Archos 604 was released in September 2006. I seem to remember E* saying last year that we would see new PocketDish models by Christmas 2006.

I really want a PocketDish for my wife. But I was waiting for the wifi versions.

Come to think of it, E* hasn't come out with ANY new hardware since the 622 in Spring 2006!

No new PocketDish, no hard drive support, no Dish Online, no ViP612 or ViP722.

I was hopeful that their relationship with Sling Media might produce a Sling-enabled receiver. I have a Slingbox on my DVR-510 and love it. Doesn't make much sense to me to hook up a Slingbox to the A/V outputs of a 622, then convert to slingstream and transmit over ethernet. There has to be a way to use the 622 ethernet connection.

Guess I'm disappointed. I have money to spend on new Dish Network hardware but nothing new to spend it on! I budgeted $500 for a new E* HD receiver for my theater room, but I don't want another 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)