PocketDish "Remote Link Tips"

I suggest you go to walmart or some other local store and grab one of their FM transmitters and see what happens. I would think any brand would work... At least if it doesn't, then you can return it in person without having to deal with an RMA process through the mail...

So, if I understand this correctly, I could transfer a bunch of movies from my 622 HDD to a PocketDish and then hook the PocketDish to any TV's composite inputs for playback on that TV ?

Can it be used with an AC adapter plugged into a wall outlet (and not drain the battery) during playback in the above senerio?

Thanks

I see that the 500 has a 16x9 display. Can you transfer HD programs to it? Also for SD programs are they stretched or do they display 4x3?

Hmm... I wonder if record link will work the same way when recording to a DVD? It should put the program information in CC format on the VBI, which should be displayable during playback. Not sure how useful it would be, but kinda cool none the less.

I read a couple of reviews and they said the UI is a little difficult to get used to.
It is, but I've used it for two nights and I'm used to it.

1. I have an IPOD. Can I use ITUNES to download to pocket dish?
Within the AV700E, there is a file in the following folder structure: Data\iTunes Plug-ins\iTunes Plug-ins.1.sit

I have no idea how this works, but I am determined to figure it out. It would be sweet if I could use iTunes to transfer mp3's to the pocketdish.

So, if I understand this correctly, I could transfer a bunch of movies from my 622 HDD to a PocketDish and then hook the PocketDish to any TV's composite inputs for playback on that TV ?
That is correct (as long as the recordings on the 622 are SD).

Can it be used with an AC adapter plugged into a wall outlet (and not drain the battery) during playback in the above senerio?
Yes. The AC adapter is included.

I see that the 500 has a 16x9 display. Can you transfer HD programs to it?
Unfortunately, not at this time. I have sent an e-mail requesting this feature tonight.

Also for SD programs are they stretched or do they display 4x3?
You can choose which format you would like to play the currently playing video file. It will switch on the fly by using the menu.

PocketDish AV500 Question

Hello - I'm new although I joined awhile back when I had VOOM. I am thinking of purchasing the AV500 PocketDish and have a couple of questions :
(1) Can you download MPEG4 or AVI files from a pc to the pockdish for play ?
(2) Can you download content from the 625 receiver onto the pc and burn to a dvd ?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Is that just from the dvr that you can't copy stuff to the pc hard drive ? Can you use the av cables to record and then move to the pc ? Thanks...

brf0822 said:
Is that just from the dvr that you can't copy stuff to the pc hard drive ? Can you use the av cables to record and then move to the pc ? Thanks...

You can use the USB2.0 connection to copy files to the computer for storage. Unfortunately, you will not be able to play the video on your computer..only on the PD

One More Question

Thanks for the answers - I just have one more question. Can you use a usb cable to transfer audio, video, and pictures from a pc to the Pocketdish and does the pc recognize the Pocketdish as as external drive ?

Yes, you can use the USB cables to transfer the files as you mentioned. It depends on the operating system of your PC. The PD is supposed to work best with XP, however i only have Win2000 professional, and it recognizes it as an external hard drive. For the video files to work on the PD, they have to be in the .avi format.

To me, one of the coolest aspects of the PocketDish is that it connects to the PC as a mass storage device. No special drivers. Great for portable storage of ANY kind of data.

Wanna get some downloaded videos from a buddy's computer? Just grab the pocket dish.

Most other mp3/video players require a software install.

help recording to 721

Just got a PD for my wife and need help getting recordings to the PD. We have a 721 which I have found out will not allow me to access the DVR menu to capture recordings. I believe I have to set up the scheduler to start and stop and then play what I have on the DVR. I tried this quickly at lunch and the start stop time passed with nothing recorded? Anyone else have trouble recording with a 721 or 510?
Thanks,
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)