Point Dish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skyeblues

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have two 500 dishes with one focused on 119/110 with a great signal, and another to 61.5 likewise with a great signal. Next Sunday I will have the 811 replaced with a 622. Currently, when I look under the Point Dish feature through the menu at my signal frequencies, it shows that even though 129 is a wrong satellite, it also gets a very good signal though again, it is red, and says wrong satellite. I will more than likely have to go to 129 for my HD locals. Does this mean, with the signal strength 129 is already showing, even though it says wrong satellite, when I upgrade to 622, the dish will not have to be turned, or will it still need to be turned toward 129 even though this shows me a good signal?

It says wrong satellite because it is the wrong satellite ;)

It's giving the strength for the correct satellite, which is 61.5 because that's what you had previous on the screen.

You won't need to repoint to 129 at all, espcially since you provided your location as being on the Gulf, that's out of the 129 footprint anyways...

There really wont be any new HD locals added to 129, and especially not yours since you don't live where the 129 is to used.

I receive the Houston channels, and am about 60 miles south of Houston. According to what I have read, 1000 stops at Victoria, which is about 270 miles south of me. Houston receives 129 and more than likely will have the HD locals on it. Won't I more than likely need to repoint when the Houston locals go HD, which will be at anytime? (you can click on the map at this link to make it larger) ===>
http://www.ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/Dish1000Exclusions.jpg

Last edited: