Point Dish Signal Meter Changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"Low noise" LNB? Have not seen that. Was it a replacement on a D500 or 1000.2?

On a D1000. Turned out not to resolve the problem. :( So, he put that LNB on a 24" dish and now I have two dishes, but my 129 HD issue is resolved! :) :D Watched several programs on several channels and no loss-of-signal!! If there were a "happy feet" smilie, I'd use it. :)

Calling an LNB "Low noise" is like saying "ATM Machine"... Maybe an "Ultra" LNB?

A tech who just left here after putting a "low noise" LNB up in-place of the standard one for 129 ...
Was that LNB a Dish Network product ?

PS I was using a Dish Network 24-inch dish for 129, but I was still a little concerned about the weakest HD transponders (sometimes dipping below 60), so I moved the DishPro LNB to a 30-inch FTA dish that I happened to have (and have not been using, because I'm not interested in the channels on 123w). I just tied the LNB to the LNB holder and it works fine - I get peaks of 100 out of 125 on transponider 31 - about 15 points better than the 24-inch. Winegard (who makes the Dish Network dishes) has a DS-2077 that is a 30-inch dish with the D-tube holder for a Dish LNB, which can be had for under $50.

Was that LNB a Dish Network product ?

PS I was using a Dish Network 24-inch dish for 129, but I was still a little concerned about the weakest HD transponders (sometimes dipping below 60), so I moved the DishPro LNB to a 30-inch FTA dish that I happened to have (and have not been using, because I'm not interested in the channels on 123w). I just tied the LNB to the LNB holder and it works fine - I get peaks of 100 out of 125 on transponider 31 - about 15 points better than the 24-inch. Winegard (who makes the Dish Network dishes) has a DS-2077 that is a 30-inch dish with the D-tube holder for a Dish LNB, which can be had for under $50.

The tech said that the LNB manufacturer for E* sometimes find what they consider to be "defective" LNBs because of their lower signal to noise ratio (go figure?) and that these LNBs work better by boosting the signal from 129 more and aren't as sensitive the flucuations in the signal from 129. With the addition of the 24" dish, I'm getting numbers from 129 that I've never seen before. TP 31 is peaking at 86 on the top side of the cycle, and only getting as low as 63 on the bottom end of the cycle...with no loss of signal occurring anymore. I watched several hours of programming on various channels coming off 129 with no loss of signal. I haven't been able to do that since they re-pointed 129 almost a year ago, so I'm quite pleased with the change. I wouldn't mind getting 100 on TP 31, but 86 is satisfactory, especially here in the NW, where getting a decent signal from 129 is very difficult anyway.

On a D1000. Turned out not to resolve the problem. :( So, he put that LNB on a 24" dish and now I have two dishes, but my 129 HD issue is resolved! :) :D Watched several programs on several channels and no loss-of-signal!! If there were a "happy feet" smilie, I'd use it. :)

Can you post a picture of a label , model number, batch number ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)