Pointer Fragment.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rod Williams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Huntsville, Alabama
Sorry of this has been asked and answered before. This may seem weird, but sometimes a portion of the pointer breaks off and sticks to the bottom of the screen. It seems to always be in the same place on the left side. Sometimes I can maneuver the pointer and make it line up with the fragment. The question is: Is there a quick and easy way to make it disappear? It is very annoying.

Ah - so that's what that small color block is at the bottom of the screen sometimes. Thanks Rod. I've noticed this happening on one of my hoppers since it went to 2.09.

Ah - so that's what that small color block is at the bottom of the screen sometimes. Thanks Rod. I've noticed this happening on one of my hoppers since it went to 2.09.

Glad to see that someone else has the same problem. It's just like a piece of the cursor breaks off. I have not been able to figure out what causes it yet and how to remove it, short of rebooting.

Glad to see that someone else has the same problem. It's just like a piece of the cursor breaks off. I have not been able to figure out what causes it yet and how to remove it, short of rebooting.

A lot of people may not see it due to overscan - it's only a couple pixels at the bottom of the screen. No idea why it's there, but it's definitely only since 2.09. We'll see if it goes away with 2.10 or .11. With mine it's only there for the first few seconds after turning the receiver back on, then it goes away.

A lot of people may not see it due to overscan - it's only a couple pixels at the bottom of the screen. No idea why it's there, but it's definitely only since 2.09. We'll see if it goes away with 2.10 or .11. With mine it's only there for the first few seconds after turning the receiver back on, then it goes away.

I disabled overscan but I never see pointer fragments on either of my Hoppers or Joeys. My Joeys are on S261 and my Hoppers were on S209 for the last week, S207 before and now on S211.

You need to go into "format TV" and adjust the screen size to fit the TV screen or to larger than the TV screen.

When overscan is disabled I can leave "format TV" on the default and nothing is cut off. Still no signs of pointer fragments here. Hoppers are on S211 and Joeys are on S262. Not saying I don't believe that it happens but just confirming that it doesn't occur on every receiver.

News Flash. I have been able to re-create the problem. If you have enough recordings of one program to fill up the screen(9 or more), cursor to the bottom recording in the list. Then select "Start Over". When the program starts, you will see the cursor fragment. The bigger the cursor size, the bigger the fragment. Although I have been able to recreate the problem, I still have not figured out how to make it go away short of rebooting. I believe that turning the Hopper off for the night will also cause it to disappear.
I think this is a different issue as described in earlier posts.

Mom immediately changed the cursor on her 922 to be invisible so that it mimicked the older ViP's with only a highlight color for indication. I have to say, I don't like the cursor either, but for the 922, if we work on the Local Channels Set-up screen, the cursor is a MUST as invisible shows no highlights there.

Just had my hopper installed last night and this is one of the issues I'm having.
The problem is while in the program guide, if you highlight a show from the bottom row, the bottom tip of the cursor hangs below the edge of the program grid. When you select it the screen refreshes but it only refreshes where the program grid was, thereby leaving the bottom tip of the cursor behind. Only way I can clear it is to restart the box, or play with the screen size up and down and that wipes it away. A workaround is never select a program from the bottom row - go down an extra time and then go back up so the cursor is not on the bottom row when you select the program.
Hopefully this is fixed in a future update.
Another workaround is to adjust the display size to a little bigger than my screen. Then the bottom tip of the cursor is not visible, but the very bottom of the program grid is cut off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)