Pointing Dish to EA

I was wandering the same, why do you need solo hub for stand alone HopperDuo or Hopper3?

You don’t :)

I have never used a Hub with my Hopper Duo, and it works perfectly fine that way.

The Hopper3 has 16 tuners and requires the solo hub to get all active. Without the Hub, you see only 3 tuners. Same if you connect to port 2 of the Hybrid LNB or you get an "ODU connection error" message on screen and the Hopper 3 refuses to load or fails check switch.
Solo and Duo NODES are never used with a Hopper 3.
The Hopper Duo is the most adaptable, has only 2 tuners and so will work with Hybrid or DPP LNB, Solo Hub or Node.

I wonder if the MoCA signals damage the LNB over time.
I would think that being outside in the hot sunshine (and other weather conditions) for years would do more damage. On the other hand, I suppose there could be some components in the newer LNBs that might not be able to handle the MoCA signals very well. In my case, I have LNBs that are not typically used for new installs (1000.4 EA, and the original Dish 1000+ hooked up through a DPP44 switch) so that may be why Dish approved not using a Hub for my Hopper Duo.

Sorry but this is wrong. I ran my H3 without a hub and saw all tuners. Please do your research before posting incorrect information

I have seen all 16 tuners running a cable directly from LNB to Hopper3 but it does not always work so best to do the correct config. That setup eventually has problems. This i know from experience, having tried multiple setups.
Are you using Joeys on that too ?

I have seen all 16 tuners running a cable directly from LNB to Hopper3 but it does not always work so best to do the correct config. That setup eventually has problems. This i know from experience, having tried multiple setups.
Are you using Joeys on that too ?
The old "Nodes" were required to feed the three tuners on the older Hopper models because they combined the signals from two DPP lines which can feed only two tuners each. However the Hybrid Hub is a much simpler device, it's basically just a diplexer. The Hub doesn't do anything to feed the tuners on the Hopper 3 or any other Hopper model. The DPH LNB or switch feeds all 16 tuners over a single line. That's why the Node is no longer needed.

Sorry but this is wrong. I ran my H3 without a hub and saw all tuners. Please do your research before posting incorrect information
Thank you, you are correct sir!

The old "Nodes" were required to feed the three tuners on the older Hopper models because they combined the signals from two DPP lines which can feed only two tuners each. However the Hybrid Hub is a much simpler device, it's basically just a diplexer. The Hub doesn't do anything to feed the tuners on the Hopper 3 or any other Hopper model. The DPH LNB or switch feeds all 16 tuners over a single line. That's why the Node is no longer needed.
I would say the Hub is more like a tap than a diplexor, but you have the right idea.

I think the issue of sending Moca back to the LNB is quite simply that it allows problems to occur in the Moca connection.. Now we all know that on a stand alone Hopper, Moca is a moot point, and we also all know that Dish says there are things that don't work, which do, ie. dual Hoppers connected to a 454 switch via Duo hob or connected clients on 2 solo hubs

Thank you, you are correct sir!

I would say the Hub is more like a tap than a diplexor, but you have the right idea.

I think the issue of sending Moca back to the LNB is quite simply that it allows problems to occur in the Moca connection.. Now we all know that on a stand alone Hopper, Moca is a moot point, and we also all know that Dish says there are things that don't work, which do, ie. dual Hoppers connected to a 454 switch via Duo hob or connected clients on 2 solo hubs
Never heard of a 454 switch, what is it?

Reactions: pattykay
Little off topic- but will a Hopper Duo run off a DPP44 switch hooked to a 1000.4EA dish with a DPP LNB? Also will it work directly hooked to a 1000.4EA port with a DPP LNB?
Thanks, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)