Pointing dish trying to get 61.5 and 72 getting Nimiq 82

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
I have my elevation, and skew set to what dishpointer says, i am picking up nimiq 82 at 55 strength but cant seem to locate 61.5 and 72

Ami even close? Do i need to go right and up or right and down>?

I am using a Dish 1000.4 standing behind the dish the left lnb is picking up the signal, I covered the right one and it didnt effect the signal at all

Just keep swinging left. I Point with point dish as my reference and it surprised me the first time I had hit 61.5 but couldn't hit 72.7. I had to point way further to the right than I would have guessed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ok i got it but low signal i think

61.5 i am getting 33-5 on transponder 16 72 i am getting 46 on transponder 16

What should i be at? And what adjustments should i make to strengthening them Ive tried elevation up and down and it goes lower i have tried moving dish side to side and it gets lower on either side of where its turned now.

Thoughts?

It could be the 1000.2 but it has the elevation rod, i thought those only came on the 1000.4

I got the dish off an old couple who had dish disconnected and went with cable

Ok i got it but low signal i think

61.5 i am getting 33-5 on transponder 16 72 i am getting 46 on transponder 16

What should i be at? And what adjustments should i make to strengthening them Ive tried elevation up and down and it goes lower i have tried moving dish side to side and it gets lower on either side of where its turned now.

Thoughts?

Ahh...A common issue with aligning the 1000.4
Always set the elevation a degree higher than the setting. Reason. The arm of the antenna sags a bit due to the weight of the LNB....Set the skew to the recommended point.
Now. If you are east of the Mississippi, you should turn the antenna to the left, past the azimuth where it will be set for optimum signals..
Now, begin sweeping to the right( west) when your meter jumps, slow your sweep. Once you've reached the peak signal go SLIGHTLY past that. Once the signal strength starts to fall STOP!....Now GENTLY sweep back to the right. Once the meter peaks. SNUG, not tighten the nuts on the mast clamp. Now grasp the antenna on top and bottom and gently pull down from the top, If the signal drops, use the jackbolt to lower the antenna until the signal peaks. Tighten the Elevation nuts..
Now gently grasp the antenna on the left and tight. Tug to the left, if the signal drops, you're good. Then gently tug to the left, if the signal drops, good there. Tighten the nuts on the mast clamp. Dish is peaked. Go watch TV.

If a 1000 series dish, it has 3 LNB. Dish 500 would have 2. And a dish 300 has 1. 1k.4 is 2 on one side, 1 on the other and a 1k.2 has 3 evenly spaced lnbs

A 1k.4 dish can also have the almost evenly spaced western arc LNBF installed instead of the offset eastern arc LNBF. I interchange them as needed for the best aiming locations in our travels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts