Pointing dishes in the right direction..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nicski151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Central Illinois
Hello guys, Im new to the sight and fairly new to the satellite world, I am working for a local sat company, and while im been finished with my training, i still had a few question on pointing the dish, we work with mostly the dish 100.2, (119, 110, 129,) and the directv slimline 3, and im located in central illinois, just wondering what the gap is I should be looking for through my compass, to check for line of site, for all satellites we use, again im fairly new so sorry for any stupid questions in advance, lol, thanks for any info..

I should also state Im only asking because some of my training was sorta vague, I havent ran into to much trouble yet for line of sight but i wanna be prepared, thanks again.

Look angles are specific to your location. Use the pointing tables to establish your angles. Look at dishpointer.com to get an aerial view of the directions too.

Also, keep in mind that the elevation is not perpendicular to the dish, but rather at an angle that is consistent (incident/reflective) with the lnb dish geometry. You can always use an inclinometer and compass to evaluate the tight situations.

Again im sorry for sounding dumb, lol i seen a diagram for directv, that kinda represented where the beams reflected off the dish to the LNB, so it show the 3 beams were fairly close together, was wondering if theres anything for dish that shows somwthing like that,

Yes actually the diagram I recieved did show the 110 and 119 as well but it didnt show the 129, I may be over thinkin the process alil, but was just thinkin to gain some more knowledge I do use an Inclonometer just wondering how far to look left n right to make sure my windows are always big enought to guarentee signal, Also using a older used birdog, thinking of replacing, any suggestions on what versions or other models are good to use, Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts