pointing dishs without a meter is hard

fredbenz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
St. Cloud, Minnesota
hey everybody,
So i moved down to cali. Went back to doing car audio from home audio. I was super excited cause i couldnt wait to get dish down here with small dishes. I installed dish network back in alaska and we always had to use huge dishes. So the house i moved into was wired for direct. i tried direct and i hated it. The menus suck and the dvr is hard to use. no search. anyways i didnt like it. So i Cancelled my direct. So today i hook up my 942 and head outside to repoint my 18" dish at the 119. Its a single lnb dish and im pretty sure i can do it. So i take a reading with my compass and find the heading. look up the elevation, and tried to point it all night. Walkies and someone watching the screen. anyways i never found the sat. set the elevation and pan and scan. I guess i need a meter. Anyways just to be sure... The dish and lnb should be able to pick up dish network when connected to a dish network reciever right? even thought they were direct tv... Anyone have any tips for me or know someone i can call in the sanfernando valley to come point my dish? sob story i know. later doodes

If it's a single LNB and not a triple assembly, it should work like a Dish Legacy LNB.

Also make sure you are using Az & Elev for a dish 300 not a dish 500. You will only be able to find 119 or 110 not both with a Directv single LNB dish.

fredbenz said:
Walkies and someone watching the screen. anyways i never found the sat. set the elevation and pan and scan. I guess i need a meter.

If you understand what you're doing, meters are NOT necessary - I've been doing installs with ALL the various permutations of E* & D* dishes since '96 & haven't needed one yet. Still use a first gen E* & D* for ALL my installs & never a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts