Pointing question, Wineguard Pinnacle.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I'm looking at the manual for the latitude declination bracket of the dish, and I see where you set it at. In the manual its says to set for latitude of TVRO (TV Receive Only) site. So I have that set to just a tick above 40, as for my latitude is 41.1

The reason why I'm questioning this is, the guy that I have gotten the dish off of is set at 48 something. I'm having a hard time getting the ends of the arch to come in. I'm trying to get from 137 to 41ish or another. The western side of the arch is way more important than the eastern side and somewhere around 50ish is to the point its nice to have but not a necessity.

The elevation I have on the 40 bracket, but I'm able to fine tune adjust from there. For some reason it just seems like I'm totally missing something. When Im on AMC 3, I get fantastic signal, to the point that I max out NASA at 90 percent quality on my AZbox. From there my sides just seem to be off.

I was looking at to see if my N/S axis was off as it seems like my low bird on the west side was at the 131 slot, and I should be able to see all the way to 137, and did with my 7 1/2 footer.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I'm brain racked right now

Did you set your elevation & declination angles using the modified polar chart?
Footprints by Dish Size - Latitude Declination Chart - C/Ku-Band Satellite Listing
If your latitude is 41.1N, then the mod lat is 41.65* + dec 5.74* = 47.39* total at the square frame top of the arc at True South.
Plus or minus for fine tuning.

Thats what I was trying to figure out if I needed to set the Declination angle to that modified polar chart, or what the manual says. Where the confusion sets in is the fact that the manual and the dish has a sticker that says set to the latitude of the location. If I'm suppose to set to the modified chart, then that explains why im having such a hard time on the ends of my arch now.

Where I'm at now, i'm totally loosing my end birds, wich is what I don't want.

So to be sure that I have this right, as I dont want to assume....

My elevation angle should be at 41 on the dish and the declination angle should be at 47. With that set correctly, I should be set dead on the arch. (more eyeballs are better than two and even a highly trained professionals like myself needs verification from time to time LOL ) Were all human! ;0)

Everyone here that are in the know seem to prefer the modified polar to start. Some say to set the declination & forget it when fine tuning - only adjust the elevation as needed.
From what I've experienced setting up a BUD this works best for me.
And then there's this from dfergie's C-Band FAQs too:
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

So to be sure that I have this right, as I dont want to assume....

My elevation angle should be at 41 on the dish and the declination angle should be at 47. With that set correctly, I should be set dead on the arch. (more eyeballs are better than two and even a highly trained professionals like myself needs verification from time to time LOL ) Were all human! ;0)
Yeah, the backbone of polar mount set to 41.65* & the square tube frame behind the dish set to 47.39*, at TS.
I've been mulling over how to set mine up too.:)

Everyone here that are in the know seem to prefer the modified polar to start. Some say to set the declination & forget it when fine tuning - only adjust the elevation as needed.
From what I've experienced setting up a BUD this works best for me.
And then there's this from dfergie's C-Band FAQs too:
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

Yeah, the backbone of polar mount set to 41.65* & the square tube frame behind the dish set to 47.39*, at TS.
I've been mulling over how to set mine up too.:)

Yea that's what I thought, I figured its better to fire a question here and verify my thinking than driving myself crazy. Ill get back to it in a few days and am sure that I'll have it on the correct arch in about 30 min, unless my angles are somehow off. I'm just too used to being in a truck and doing elevation, and polarization. LOL I think its just off alot as I set the declination to what the dish and manual said. I think the manual is wrong and am trashing it. Its good for reference, but the manual was probably made in the 80's and wasnt updated to track the arch better as back then there not as many birds as there is now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)