polar axis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

niteflyer

Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Howdy,

I have had c-band since 1985 but never had ku.
I just installed a new corotor with both c and ku lnb's.
my question is ,,,,,
in the install booklet that came with the corotor it says the ku arm must be aligned with the polar axis of the dish.

what is the polor axis ,,,, north and south or east and west?

also,i know ku takes a lil more work than cband does ,is there anything special i need to know to get the ku-lnb fine tuned on the dish?

thanks in advance for any help

Set your dish to the true south satellite and then install it so that it is positioned verticle. It will be skewed when the dish turns. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Dishpointer said:
Set your dish to the true south satellite and then install it so that it is positioned verticle. It will be skewed when the dish turns. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
which satellite would be true south from north central florida.i forget.or where could i find this info on that sat.
thanks for you help dishpointer

Find your longitude where you live. Any Satellite chart wil give the longitude of the various satellites, Where I live the satellite due south of my location is 91 degrees west.
You may or may not have a satellite exactly due south but it will be close enough to tweak it in.
Dick

Scout said:
Find your longitude where you live. Any Satellite chart wil give the longitude of the various satellites, Where I live the satellite due south of my location is 91 degrees west.
You may or may not have a satellite exactly due south but it will be close enough to tweak it in.
Dick
thats pretty much what I thought but it's good to have verification before I get started.
Thanks a million guys!!! :) :)

niteflyer said:
Howdy,

I have had c-band since 1985 but never had ku.
I just installed a new corotor with both c and ku lnb's.
my question is ,,,,,
in the install booklet that came with the corotor it says the ku arm must be aligned with the polar axis of the dish.

what is the polor axis ,,,, north and south or east and west?

also,i know ku takes a lil more work than cband does ,is there anything special i need to know to get the ku-lnb fine tuned on the dish?

thanks in advance for any help

The polar axis is north and south, I would think if your C-band dish is already in place, when you change your corotor just align the ku arm with the polar axis which is north and south and you should be in business....

Edit: I have found out that ku-band can be tricky at times and have to bump the dish one way or the other from the C-band location....

voomvoom said:
The polar axis is north and south, I would think if your C-band dish is already in place, when you change your corotor just align the ku arm with the polar axis which is north and south and you should be in business....

Edit: I have found out that ku-band can be tricky at times and have to bump the dish one way or the other from the C-band location....

thanks,,

you guys are the greatest,,,,your help and comfirmation have been very helpfull to me.
i was pretty sure i was correct but like to have all ducks in a row if possible to make things alil easier.

right now my ku is sitting crossways of the polar axis and i am gettin some sig so when it quits raining so i can get out there i will be able to move it to the correct position and tweak it up,hopefully.

just so you know i am using it to bring in sigs for my pansat and not for the cband ird.
i am trying to find the great and elusive T5 at 97 degrees and have enough sig as is to bring in globecast promo channel however it is so weak it doesn't stay in very well.
after tweaking,i am hoping all will be well.

thanks again

success is wonderfull,,that .5db ku lnb is great.
after tweaking i have a great sig on all ku channels!!!

thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)