Polarisation problem on Fortec Ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vargf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
I have a Fortec Utra blind scan but on C-band needs a polarazation V and H
I get channels in Horzontal but no in vertical and is a big problem if I need to spend on other receiver with polarization for C-band spend twice no good
I think I was wrong when I bought the receriver. Is ther a way to get the Vertical pol?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

vargf said:
I have a Fortec Utra blind scan but on C-band needs a polarazation V and H
I get channels in Horzontal but no in vertical and is a big problem if I need to spend on other receiver with polarization for C-band spend twice no good
I think I was wrong when I bought the receriver. Is ther a way to get the Vertical pol?
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

depends on your setup...If you have a c band setup see if you only get odd or even channels...if so, Your servo motor in the dish feedhorn is probably bad...just replaced mine too!

Or if you have someone to help...have them change channels while you listen to the dish...you should hear a noise each time you chg the channel..if not could be the motor, wiring harness or hookups! the noise is very distinctive...like a whirring clicking noise! I am assuming you have a big dish since this is the C band forum...I know nothing about the pizza pan stuff!
Jeff

That controls the polorization...also make sure your wires are hooked up correctly....

on Fortec where can I see the c band setup thanks:confused:

Is this on your Chaparral LNB? Is there a little plastic box on the end of the feedhorn? I think I have this exact same feedhorn in my parts pile. It came with my 8' dish.

If this is the case, you may be in the market fot a Pansat receiver :(. That Fortec receiver will not control a polaritation servo. Many of the Pansat receivers do have this ability. I know for sure that the Pansat 2700 / 3500 will do it.

Do you have another receiver that controls the BUD? It should be able to change the polarization by matter of changing the channel.

If not, you might concider replacing the c-band LNB with a voltage switched one such as the ASC421. This would be a lot easier / cheaper than a new reciever.
Shawn

Last edited:
If push comes to shove? You can always walk out to your C-band dish and turn the lnb 90 degrees. Then when you're ready to switch back, walk out to the dish and turn it back 90 degrees.
But, seriously, it sounds like you either need a new servo motor or your wires have come lose.

Al

Confusion

vargf said:
on Fortec where can I see the c band setup thanks:confused:

Judging from some of your questions (forgive me) I think there is a bit of confusion here,,,please help us to help you. If you have a real C band BUD and C band receiver (If you do indeed have a BUD receiver, you will also need 2 HF splitters), it will probably be a Houston Tracker, echostar, Chapparel, etc for the old analog stuff...if digital, probably a 4DTV.

I am confused as to your questions but would like to help. Yes there is C band on FTA but I think mostly KU band. I am not familiar with the Fortec, but on my new Viewsat, you can see all the info in the installation screen.

You should have the Disque switch to feed the k/u and c band lnb cables into your receiver's single LNB input if you do not have anything except the Fortec FTA receiver...that is the simplist setup. On my system, you then tell the FTA receiver in the setup which type of switch you have (default here is none which must be changed to what ever disque switch you have!

That means ( for a BUD) with feedhorn you should have TWO cables w/ F connectors coming in from your dish, along with power for the motor (2 red/black thick wires) polorizer wires, (3 medium thin) and servo wires (2 black/brown thin). This would be a typical wire harness for a typical C-ku BUD. How large is your dish? Are you sure it has 2 LNB's or do you have a small dish ...say 30"My Big Ugly dish is small at 8 ft!!!

Please forgive me for the confusion...we all want to help you!!! Any specifics would be helpful at this point!
regards
jeff

Last edited:
Thanks all you

I go checked the wire and the wire was bited by my dog !!!!!!!!!!

no good!!!!!!!!

vargf said:
Thanks all you
I go checked the wire and the wire was bited by my dog !!!!!!!!!!
no good!!!!!!!!

hey, it sounds like your dog is related to my dog...he chews everything, especially remote controls!!!
Merry Xmas!
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts