Pole Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What I will do with my direcway installs is use a 9 foot pole 2" sch 40 which makes it 2 3/8 OD. I will dig my hole 2 1/2 feet then take a pole driver and drive it another 1/2 foot this makeing it 6 feet off the ground, then pour concrete and water in the hole and pound all the air pockets out. This works well cause the 1/2 foot I dive it in the ground will keep the pole stable while the concrete is drying.

Edit: Fixed my screwup :D

Last edited:
THE TATE....

You would use a schedule 40 2 inch pipe? A plastic pipe?

I guess at only 6 or 7 foot above ground level that may be ok...but I'm not so sure! I guess you could put concrete and a section of rebar in the center.

Galvanized pipe seems so much easier...................

Bill

Let us know please

The spec Schd40 doesn't denote the material of the pipe. It denotes wall thickness of a given pipe regardless of material. You would want Sch40 galvenized steel pipe.

Last edited:
plumbing pipe and electrical conduit are measureded i.d., you need 2in. o.d.,only a fence supply company will have it

THE TATE wrote,
us(e) a 9 foot pool 2" sch 40 which makes it 2 3/8 OD
#############

I saw P O O L and I was thinking PVC..........

Bill

Last edited:
agsbill said:
THE TATE wrote,
us(e) a 9 foot pool 2" sch 40 which makes it 2 3/8 OD
#############
I saw P O O L and I was thinking PVC..........
Bill

Sorry about that. Thats what we were talking about last week when some of us get alittle fast on typing. :D :D

pole, pole, pole,

So now I'm a little confused. I thought the OD had to be 2". Now it seems a few of you are talking about 2 3/8" OD. Wouldn't that be too big?

I have my 3 LNB dish on a pole now, but once I move to the new 5 LNB dish, I'll need the bigger pole. Is the 1 7/8" pole for the new larger dish?

A muffler repair shop will have 2" OD 15 ga pipe for the AT9 ODU and will cut to size.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts