Pole size for 36 inch ku dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CFreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I am about to install a 36inch WS International dish in the ground. Would anyone know if an 1 1/4inch outside diameter pole would be strong enough?

Last edited:
more questions than answers:

How tall from ground to the dish?
Is there a motor on top?
Are you using pipe or thin fence post (or conduit)?
Are you in a windy environment or shielded by a building?

THe outside diameter of the pole is 1 1/4 inchs. I posted the wrong size at first. I was planing on have the 6 foot pole 2 foot in the ground with concrete and have 4 foot above ground. Sometime in the winter the wind can get up to 30 to 40 miles an hour briefly. The pole that came with the dish is nice and strong but not long enough to mount on the ground. I need to mount a pole in the ground so I have a better view of the sky. If i put it on the house the trees and other things will block the dish from the sky.

1-3/4 of an inch in diameter pole would be perfect for the WS9036 dish!!! :up

Just make sure you are not too high off of the ground.

The pole that comes with the dish can it be mounted on the ground? I was thinking it might be to short. I also have a 3.5 inch outside diameter pole would that work or is it to big for the brackets. Thanks.

I am about to install a 36inch WS International dish in the ground. Would anyone know if an 1 1/4inch outside diameter pole would be strong enough?

I have 2 36 inch motorized dishes on 1 1/4 inch 6 foot pipe and have not had any problems. They both have gone through some really bad wind storms and didn't phaze them at all.

I have 2 36 inch motorized dishes on 1 1/4 inch 6 foot pipe and have not had any problems. They both have gone through some really bad wind storms and didn't phaze them at all.
I am going to use the 1 1/4 inch pipe. And keep a close eyes on it and make sure its not to high off the ground. Thanks for the reply and everyone else who has replyed.

8' Schedule 40 2 1/2" Pipe will cost you $20...If you ever want a bigger dish you don't need a new pole. Here in the Midwest I go 2 1/2' down minimum. Most guy's around here set a Dish 500 1' down with cheap pipe. If they can't dig the ground 1' they go less & use a cement cap. I buy the good pipe. If you are in a cold area Freeze & thaw will move your pole if you do not go deep enough. We need to go below the frost line here in the Midwest.

8' Schedule 40 2 1/2" Pipe will cost you $20...If you ever want a bigger dish you don't need a new pole. Here in the Midwest I go 2 1/2' down minimum. Most guy's around here set a Dish 500 1' down with cheap pipe. If they can't dig the ground 1' they go less & use a cement cap. I buy the good pipe. If you are in a cold area Freeze & thaw will move your pole if you do not go deep enough. We need to go below the frost line here in the Midwest.
Thanks for the information. I will keep that in mind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts