Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey I need to move my dish and Fortec star system as the bushes are out growing my current dish location. What is the pole size for a siimline dish. IM goign to move it over about 2 feet to allow for bush growth im going to throw the old pole away. This will give me a nice opportunity to re level everything and hopefully get my arch back to normal on my FTA system.

My slimline is going on top the pole, with the fta system just under it

Thanks Don, Yep im going to be heading down to home depot tommorow to go get a bag of concrete and a pole. Thanks. :)

I doubt you will find the correct size pole at Home Depot or Lowes for that matter. Go to a fence company. They have ones that are 1.9", which is close enough if you tighten the dish mount enough. You may want to install a set screw into the pole.

I doubt you will find the correct size pole at Home Depot or Lowes for that matter. Go to a fence company. They have ones that are 1.9", which is close enough if you tighten the dish mount enough. You may want to install a set screw into the pole.

Well, I actually went down to menards today. Found a 2" pole (diamater) by 15 foot long pole. Its curing now probably be a couple of days before I swap poles and move the dish's over to the new one. It looks like that it will work out perfectly. I went down 6 feet in the ground with the pole diggers. Drilled a hole in the side of the pole and put a screw and bolt in it so that way the pole wont move in the concreate. Looks like im all set :) The dish's will be up about 4 feet higher. I think I might have to ancore the pole down just to keep any swey from high winds down.

Well, I actually went down to menards today. Found a 2" pole (diamater) by 15 foot long pole. Its curing now probably be a couple of days before I swap poles and move the dish's over to the new one. It looks like that it will work out perfectly. I went down 6 feet in the ground with the pole diggers. Drilled a hole in the side of the pole and put a screw and bolt in it so that way the pole wont move in the concreate. Looks like im all set :) The dish's will be up about 4 feet higher. I think I might have to ancore the pole down just to keep any swey from high winds down.

You went 6 FT in the ground .... wow.
Everything sounds good, go ahead and support the pole.
I hope the pole was heavy gauge and not the thin wall stuff.
I am shocked that you found a 2" OD pole at Menards.

Confused ... You bought a 15' pole and buried it 6 ft and your dish will only be 4 ft above the ground ?
If thats the case, you didn't you just buy a 10' pole or cut the one you got down to 10' ?

IF your not placing the dish on top of the pole, then the 2" OD is not a factor, but I would like to see how your supporting it on a round pole. :confused:

Jimbo

He said "4 feet higher" not "4 feet above ground". Probably went from 5 feet to 9 feet.

Yep, The slimline is going on top, and the fortecstar is going right under it. There is a total of 9 feet of pole that is showing. Ill take pics when I go to swap everything over in a couple of days after were fully cured.

I went 6 feet in the ground to fully support both the slimline and a 90cm dish on the same pole.

Yep, The slimline is going on top, and the fortecstar is going right under it. There is a total of 9 feet of pole that is showing. Ill take pics when I go to swap everything over in a couple of days after were fully cured.

I went 6 feet in the ground to fully support both the slimline and a 90cm dish on the same pole.

WE WANT PICTURES! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)