Poles/Mounts Optional?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
A buddy of mine had told me about this "array" in a small town about an hour from home, he finally sent me some pics this week.

Looky at the "ground-nesting" dish in the far back/far right, interesting. ;)

Attachments

• Sat GC Ground Mount Array.jpg
    Sat GC Ground Mount Array.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 343
  • Sat GC Ground Mount Array3.jpg
    Sat GC Ground Mount Array3.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 329
based on my experiences, I would say at least use a pole. I decided once to rest a 8' dish against a cinderblock wall. A good wind storm moved it a little bit so it was no longer pointed at the sat. I decided to try turnbuckles for a little more robustness against the wind and still had an issue with the next good windstorm shifting the dish just enough to knock it off sat. Put up a pole and no problems using it as a fixed dish, even through all the windstorms since then.

Quite the setup there, eh? :D

Did anyone notice that the far back/far right dish appears to be a Birdview perforated? ;)

Must be single guy as if he had a wife she probably would have killed him over that mess by now!

I thought that I had enough dishes in my yard, but mine are professionally done and wind won't move them either. That city must not have a ordinance about property upkeep of property with that mess in the yard. If I lived in the Chicago area they would fine me for having one probably.

rv1pop said:
My wife helps me set up my dishes. I thank you guys are just jealous. They have more on C-band than I do. I have too much wind so I can not use those mounts, but if I could, I thank I would. BTW those blocks are probably $0.65 each.

Not all women are against satellite dishes.
I started out wanting just one small one on a motor but as I learned how to do this stuff and found out all the good stuff up there I had a little change of heart.

Heck, I've got eight dishes up and will be adding more this fall. :D

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

Did anyone notice that the far back/far right dish appears to be a Birdview perforated? ;)
I didn't catch on 'till you spelled it out.
But you're right.
Six struts holding up the scalar, plus the tell-tale look of the LNB cover.
That's a black perforated Birdview - what a terrible end for it to come to. - :(

Interesting about the Birdview, but I can't help but wonder - isn't it pointed directly at the BIG tree?

Interesting about the Birdview, but I can't help but wonder - isn't it pointed directly at the BIG tree?

As much sun as appears to be hitting the dish, and the ground in front of it, I think it has at least partial line-of-sight to some part of the arc.

And I agree that it is a good thing that at least these dishes appear to be in service. The main reason I posted these pics was to see if anyone spotted the BV perf. :)

If I ever get over in that neck of the woods I will attempt to contact the owner.

Clearly it is a rental home and that is why the guy has not invested in concrete and poles. The roof repair has rental written all over it.

Hi phlatwound, I fixed the picture for you ;-) Later, DC

Attachments

• bentsatellitehouse.jpg
    bentsatellitehouse.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 130
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)