Poll: Do You Supplement Your Voom Service?

bradley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Do you presently supplement your Voom service or vise-versa with any other services (DVD and VCR are obvious exclusions)?

Yes.
Cable.
I have the usual, locals and HDnet.
I have it for the HDDVR(Moto6412). Told my wife in November it was temporary. She fell in love with the DVR, now it is a weekly sales job to keep Voom.

Nope. Only voom and over the air as well as my C-band system but do not subscribe to those channels anymore. More for wildfeeds. Hope VOOM would replace it.

I have cable for locals only and then it is only because I have to have it to get the cable broadband internet connection. I get only one OTA HD local (it is the only one we have) and can't get the other SD locals with an outside antenna without a rotator and long-range antenna. This is OK because I don't watch much on locals anyway, except some sports broadcasts that I can't get anywhere else.

I negated the following:

1.) More than two providers
2.) C-band
3.) Broadband

Unfortunately, once the poll is posted it is unchangeable by the end user.

Please select OTHER and then state specifics.

Thank you.

p.s.: Should we begin again?

Leave it Bradley...I voted VOOM and OTA even though I have a C-BAND BUD

I also have DirecTV HD. (what there is of it) Maybe you should add other HD. It could be interesting to see how may also have additional HD programing too, since not everyone that has an additional provider may subscribe to their HD package.

The only reason I have DirecTV is because of Tivo and Sunday Ticket. When VOOM introduces their DVR I've decided to cancel DirecTV. As it happened this year on Sunday Ticket many of the games I wanted to see were also carried by ESPN, ABC, CBS & FOX. I get ABC, CBS & FOX OTA.

Voom, cable, and OTA. Cable covers 1-22 and some unencrypted QAM locals. OTA gets the rest of my locals. And Voom covers everything else I need.

Voom and analog cable, $13 a month so I can get FSN & PAX (for local sports) and for every other TV in the house....

bradley said:
Do you presently supplement your Voom service or vise-versa with any other services (DVD and VCR are obvious exclusions)?

You left out some options. I have VOOM as a primary with OTA, cable for the missing SD's. Direct TV for NFL ticket and HDnet, HDnes and distance HD feeds like NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX.

My neighbor has the above, Plus Dish for the Exxxstacy channel (don't know the spelling, but it is hardcore XXX).

Voom (VaVaVoom), Directv (w/HD & locals) - For NBA League Pass, & OTA (all locals in HD except Fox which are taking there sweet time).

Yes, I supplement my VaVaVoom with popcorn and Guinness.

But I don't subscribe to any other TV services. No OTA in our location. VaVaVoom is plenty!

I am in the same boat as TVLMAN. I have Direct TV only for Tivo. I will not give up Tivo until Voom has its DVR. Then its goodbye D*. The sooner the better for me.

I have Voom and cable. My OTA sucks (I really need to call Voom),so it's nice to have cable as a backup. Plus, I have cable modem, and it's actually cheaper to have the limited basic and a cable modem then cable modem by itself.

If I could get DSL, then I would be really motivated about my OTA reception because it would cost me less than half for DSL.

Va Va Voom and OTA (all channels in my DMA are available OTA digital), plus $13/month for TiVo. Would gladly pay $15-20/month for a Voom HD DVR box instead of $13 for SD TiVo plus $5 for Voom STB.

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)