• T90 Lasts Longer

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Motorized Dish Lasts Longer

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a t90 and I love the dish, but it might have been wiser to get a motorized dish before getting a t90 .. ideally if i was able to get dish 100% on the t90 then it would be worth it.. but cant get 110,119, and 61.5 on a single dish..

Motor - You must wait for dish to move and can only hit one bird at a time BUT you can hit the entire arc (depending on where you live on the continent)...

T-90 - Instant channel change and you can see any satellite you have an LNBF installed on simultaneously BUT you are limited to 40 degrees in coverage (example, from 79w to 119w), must purchase an additional LNBF for each satellite, and be... creative with your switching :) Also, it is very difficult to hit two adjacent birds with two-degree spacing (example, 91w and 93w) due to LNBF size.

Both is best...

T90 is limited to 40 degrees, while a motorized dish with a Sadoun DG280 motor would span 160 degrees of the Clarke belt.

T90 is more expensive in the long run with many LNBFs, switches, etc.

Channel switching between satellites is faster with T90.

How difficult is the T90 to set up, especially alignment, compared to a 90cm dish with motor for a newbie?

Also I'm wondering why Sadoun doesn't sell the T90 anymore?

Last edited:
In my view it depends on the Satellites you are trying to hit and your location. I am in the Pacific Northwest and I needed about 20° of skew. It is hard to visualize where the center satellite is when you have a lot of skew. I have only setup my T-90 and it took me about 3 hours to get it aligned. I would recommend setting a T-90 at ground level on a post. It is the Final Pass/Fail test of dish alignment, but can be done with time and patience.
Bob

I like motorized dishes for some key reasons.
The most important reason is that I like to change my system around alot.
With the Toroidal dish I will spend a couple of weekends, get it perfect, and then be tempted to break it down again. That is a big amount of work. I like the motorized and a 2 or 3 multi-LNBF dish for that reason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)