Poll: What are your future television provider plans?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What are you future television provider plans?

• Hop to D*

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Hop to E*

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Hop to Cable

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Hop to FIOS

Votes: 33 15.5%
  • Stay the course

Votes: 128 60.1%
  • OTA only

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Cancel everything

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
Ceas2182 said:
I had a question:
I used to have Adelphia and they raised there prices every few months plus all the taxes that comes with it.

I canceled Adelphia for that reason.

Does your cable bill keep raising?

My cable co. (Cox did raise prices) a buck or two this past year (lowered on other things like a 2nd receiver). I swithed to Dish originally three years ago because cable was constantly raising prices and Dish wasn't at all. In those three years, I've experienced four price increases from Dish (including this year), ranging from a buck to $4 on their basic packages and services. Now my cable is cheaper even if they raise rates again this year, and as a combo customer, the increase might get absorbed by another part of my bill anyway.

Staying the course with Dish. My 411 was rather unstable the first couple of days, but has done ok since Sunday. Hoping for more sports in HD this year.

Until I build my new home, I have no choice but to stay the course with cable(too many trees in yard, no line of site to the satellites). Once I build that house(still likely to be 2 or 3 years away), I am leaning toward going back to E*, (but a lot can change by then)especially if I can get a bundling deal in some form by then.

going to FIOS

going to fios as soon as my nhl center ice package is finished. my brother just got it last week & is happy getting more channels & better picture for less $$$ (& nothing to buy up front). he was not so happy about having his 942 rendered worthless.

After hearing the announcement for Varsity TV, I'm definitely going Fios when and if it's ever available here. They are really starting to look good. I'm sure they'll get the Documentary Channel too unless Dish somehow wrangled an exclusive contract. I don't see how that would be good for DOC though.

Stay with D* for now as I like my HD TIVO and I'll be getting OTA pretty soon AGAIN (what I normally watch anyway)!!! :D Dish new deal ain't that attractive. Comcast in my area though does offer my HD locals plus 4 HD movie channels. But their SD SUCKS so badly that it may not be worth it!

I'm in CT and would love to go to FIOS if the SBC Project Lightspeed comes to my area. I am so sick of the constant price increases with Dish and the high cost of equipment. I have been with Dish since the beginning and am really looking forward to an alternative. Cable has not been an option since they don't offer ABC or CBS in HD.

Fiber Optics here... :) ha ha ha ha ha...wait a minute... let me get up off the floor.
I'm barely connected to this site now by tin can and string(26.4k).
Our phone system has been sold 3 times over the last 17 years with no upgrades and none coming.
(no I can't afford wildblue or directway satellite internet)
So No cable,No broadband, No DSL, and certainly No FIOS.
I have E* and with continue with them. Why?
1) 721 no DVR fee 2) like them 3) tried D* before didn't like as well.

Staying with Dish, planning to upgrade to the 622 when the rebate goes into effect. I do think they'll iron out the HDLite problems eventually when everything goes MPEG 4 and they have additional satellite capacity. And they seem to be finally getting serious about HD and really trying to add more content.

Besides, I'm sure FIOS isn't coming to my area anytime soon, and Insight Cable serves my area, and they are perhaps the most pitiful provider out there in terms of HD. Why not DirectTV? Don't see them changing their HDLite policy. Only reason I might go with DirectTV is for NFL Ticket, but it just costs way too much extra for the HD games. So I'm staying the course.

I'm gonna stay with D* for the near future. I was with E* for 7.5 years and never had a problem with PQ or the service. My only problems were the DVRs. I never could rely on them to record what I wanted. Everyone I know had the Directivos on their D* service and loved them. I decided to switch for that alone. So far it's been almost 6 months with D* and my Tivos have yet to miss a recording. If only my Scifi PQ was better on D* I'd be completely satisfied. Course now that D* has cut ties with Tivo their future DVRs may be bad enough for me to return to E*.

Brighthouse Cable was installed today. I'm keeping Dish for awhile to check out the differences in HD DVRs and general picture quality. So far I'm very impressed. (It's good to live where there is cable competition.)

At this point (it always looks good at first), things look very good. Even the analog channels are fairly sharp...and in my area, BHN will be going all digital soon. The 15Mb down and 2Mb up internet is a definate plus.

If everything works out, maybe I'll take the money I didn't spend on the MPEG4 upgrade and buy a third HDTV. :D

Cancelled 811 lease when Voom went LITE last December. Using the Channel Master 3010 that came with the pre-E* Voom to watch HD OTA: Fox, ABC, NBC, PBS. Watching OTA CBS, WB, UPN in analog due to hills and trees, except when CBS HD bumps up the power for NFL games.

Cable HD and Fios are not an option in my area.

Will consider going back to E* when more FULL HD channels become available.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts