Poll: What did you end up buying on Black Friday?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Let's hear it from the early bird here. Here's my list of items purchased today.

Best Buy:
?Toshiba L25-S1192 Lappy $379.99 No rebate.
? Various other items, like DVD+R ..etc

Staples: With Easy Rebates.
? (2) 19" Samsung SyncMaster 914v LCD $199.99 AR, each
? (1) Sandisk 512 SD card, $14.99 AR
? Acer Aspire AS3613LCI lappy $449 No rebate.
? (2) 200GB HDD $29.99 AR, each.

Office Max:
? (3) GE 5.8GHz Phone with Anwsering Machine $19.99 AR, each

Target:
? Kawasaki 9" Portable DVD player $139.99 No rebate

I'd say my best purchase was the L25-S1192 Laptop for Best Buy. How did I get it? I did not have to spend all night in Line..

Got there at 505am and while in line paying for other misc items, the guy ahead of me had his CC rejected and could not purchase the Toshiba Laptop. So I was able to grab it right there and then. It was an offer that I could not refuse to pass. :yes

I purchased nothing; haven't left the house; still sitting here in my jammies to be honest. After things settle down I'm going to look for a 19" LCD monitor---I like the Samsung you purchase--and that's pretty much it. I picked up a Nikon D-50 (my X-mas present) two weeks ago so we're all set. I would love to purchase a 942 from the Dishstore today, but still no word about MPEG-4 upgrade plans from E*.

I got the $378 HP lappy from Wal-Mart, got my place in line at 1:10am. Wife thinks I'm crazy, but it's a nice 'puter for a backup. I'm using it right now and it's a nice little machine.

well lets see...I actually started Wednesday....350.00 for 4 new tires for the truck

and today I got new brakes & rotors put on...dont know what that truly will cost me yet....it was "a case of beer, 2 bottles of rum and we'll see what else we need" (my dad's buddy...gotta love it :)

so other than that, nothing.....stayed in the sweats and watching the damn snow fall right now

I did not go out and get anything. I figure there would be a good chance that I would not get what I want with all the others in line. It was like 10-15 here last night and its not even going to get up to 30 today. This is the coldest day since last winter so I'll be darn if I am going to wait in line for nothing and lose sleep over it. I look at it this way, these deals that I see is a precursor to what the prices for these items are going to be in the future. You notice that a lot of the special prices are on electronics. I have seen some of the prices of the electronics two or three years ago are the regular prices today. We could see some cheap electronics on ebay the next few days or maybe even the next few weeks.

I used to go to Best Buy, Comp USA, and even WalMary 8-15 years ago. There weren't that may people there.

I got a Toshiba laptop just like the $379 one, but in early August during the Tax Holiday. I saved $45 in taxes and after the rebates, it cost $450. I just walked into the store and bought it about 1-1/2 hours after the store opened. So, I paid any extra $50, without having to wait in the cold and without the possibility that I wouldn't get one.

Also, I sold the five year old Toshiba that I replaced for $250 on eBay. It have a broken on/off button, one broken hinge and all of the USB ports we broken.

So, I figure I came out like a champ.

I seldom go to the regular Black Friday haunts, anymore. It's just not worth t.

I went to Home Depot at 6:30 and got a lot of nice tools, cheap. I got a lot of tools at Ace Hardware, too. They were about $70, but with about $50 in rebates. Ace is really good. There is only one rebate form for everything.

I walked in and out of both stores. There was no one in line at the Home Depot checkout, and one in front of me at the Ace Hardware. The owner at Ace greeted me as I came in and as I left. That's service!

Stargazer said:
I went out and got nothing. I figure there would be a good chance that I would not get what I want with all the others in line. It was like 10-15 here last night and its not even going to get up to 30 today. This is the coldest day since last winter so I'll be darn if I am going to wait in line for nothing and lose sleep over it. I look at it this way, these deals that I see is a precursor to what the prices for these items are going to be in the future. You notice that a lot of the special prices are on electronics. I have seen some of the prices of the electronics two or three years ago are the regular prices today. We could see some cheap electronics on ebay the next few days or maybe even the next few weeks.

Actually I did not have to camp all night at BB, i left my home at 445am and got there right when they opened, since I had a designated driver.. he just simply dropped me off while he looked for parking which took him about 25mins or so. By the time I was already in line at the register.

The trick is not to go so early and just hope for the best. Just because someone grabbed the voucher for the best deal, don't mean he/she will end up buying it. Miracles do happen with credit cards as far as not going thru at the wrong time. Gotta love that. :yes

Got me a Big Mac for less than $3. No rebate required. Didn't get there until about 1:30pm and the line was only two cars ahead of me. ;)

I made an error in my post. I corrected it. I did not go out and get anything. I did not catch my error until someone replied to my post and quoted what I said.

I seen where you could get some of the deals online.

I picked up 2 portable dvd players and a dvd recorder for $68 at piece. Also got a HP5.0 megapixel digital camera for $88. All this at walmart. Got there at 7:30 and was back home 45minutes later....no lines and not busy at all. I was hoping to see a few good cat fights over some kind of new toy for the kiddies but everyone was calm....darn it!

only thing I bought was a new tire and an oil change for my Taurus. I browsed the local Fry's, but didn't buy any thing ($$ are short till I get a check on Monday).

LER

I'm not going to Wal-mart on BF ever again. Even though I waited in line for hours I got essentially nothing because they dis nothing to promote fair distribution. Everthing good went to the people doing their best imitations of Katrina looters. Later, I went to Sports Authority for some golf clubs and Target/Best Buy/Circuit City for dvds and got most of what I wanted. I was in and out of the Sports Authority, Target, and Best Buy within 5 minutes of finding my items. Circuit City apparantly has the slowest cash registers in the world so they took about 15 minutes (the regular registers had an hour wait, but they had a cash only line setup which I used). I decided to skip Fry's since I had just got an HDTV from their Labor Day sale.

I got 14 hours of sleep and a nice big PHAT paycheck in my bank account, totally missed the sales but I needed the sleep badly.

Snagger is that a 65 or 66 new yorker two door in your avatar?

Not a damn thing and proud of it. I took my ladyfriend from Russia to the mall to experience the madness & cut her loose for 3 hours. I checked out the latest pricing on LCD HDTV's then took my dog for a walk down by the river then went and picked up my gal. I ain't going anywhere near those 2 block long cash register lines.

DarrellP said:
Not a damn thing and proud of it. I took my ladyfriend from Russia to the mall to experience the madness & cut her loose for 3 hours. I checked out the latest pricing on LCD HDTV's then took my dog for a walk down by the river then went and picked up my gal. I ain't going anywhere near those 2 block long cash register lines.

Me either, so I did a bunch of online shopping for my parents and siblings xmas presents. Shirts and such. Going to the Mall, as I recall, from now until xmas feels a bit like sneaking through a battlefield where the cars are the bullets trying to take you out and you have to park on a grass median because there is nowhere left to park. NOT my idea of a good time.

Went to Best Buy this morning, twice. The lines and the crowded aisles didn't bother me too much but the parking lot was a freaking mess. Some very agressive a..holes out there that don't care if they hit you. I don't like going to the malls because I hate crowds but went with my sister to BB looking for a car stereo for her just to help her out.

We got home and my other sister called from work saying that she wanted the same car stereo. I was like damn, I got to go again to that freaking mess.

The car stereo is a Kenwood that was on sale for $129.99.

Van said:
I got 14 hours of sleep and a nice big PHAT paycheck in my bank account, totally missed the sales but I needed the sleep badly.

Snagger is that a 65 or 66 new yorker two door in your avatar?
It's a 65...good eye Van. It was my grannies.

Considering we set a cold record yesterday, and by at least 2 degrees, Suffice to say I didn't go out for long. Grocery store was it. I'm not going to bestbuy to save 3 bucks on dvd's...

The great thing about working nights is at this time of year, I can go shopping during the week, get all the sale prices and avoid the weekend rush of normal shoppers. And i'm home by noon since there's much smaller lines to contend with...

snaggerbob said:
It's a Fairlane
The tail threw me off, laptops screen is a little small so I couldnt see it clearly, otherwise the rest of the body lines are very similiar to a C body 2 door. Ive only seen 3 other chrysler c bodied 2 doors with a white top and the deep burgandy paint scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)