Poll: What Screen Size do Voom customers prefer?

50" RCA 16:9 1080i
48" JVC 16:9 1080i
27" Sharp 4:3 1080i downconverted to 4:3 so I can watch HD shows letterboxed instead of stretched vertically.

Shawn

freezetime said:
Look it up. CRT tubes STILL have the best picture quality and cannot suffer from burn in.

I have seen many CRT tubes with stock tickers burned in the bottom area of the screen.

HITACHI 53 INCH (53UWX10B)

Anything beyond 65" and you have to have a huge room for viewing effectively. Also, you will begin to notice artifacts in the picture at such a close range. ( as some people have discovered who measure their screens in feet, not inches)
Good poll idea.

I voted for under 40" since that would give Voom a decent picture. I have a 110" screen with my projector and Voom does not look great.

My tv

I have a Mitsubishi 65 inch 65813 diamond with 9 inch CRT guns. I just had it professionally calibrated 2 weeks ago and it is DAZZLING post calibration.

I recommend professional calibration to get the best of your set

wbuffetta said:
77" DLP
87" DLP
27" S Video

Wow! Where'd you find 77 and 87 inch DLPs? Are they projectors? When I bought my Samsung, 61" DLP, it was the biggest you could buy. I've heard recently that Samsung was working on an 80" DLP projection, but that it wasn't in a product for sale just yet.

I was comparing it to the Sony Grand Wega 60" LCD. Both had really great pictures but in the end, the Sony was 6" too wide to fit inside my entertainment center.

Sony XBR-800 "40" CRT: PQ; 4 out of 5...also the problems I see in VoOm, I've also
seen worst in my cable provider--Adelphia...

Interesting results so far…

In doing the research for the poll options, originally I was not going to include an option for HD in the 4:3 Aspect Ratio. I though HD implied “widescreen” and figured the option would be wasted. But to my surprise, a few members actually use Voom with a 4:3 HD TV set.

Also interesting so far, is that no one has voted for a non-HD setup. I’m hoping that the option was clear and that I meant for it to include ALL TV’s (Widescreen or Standard analog) that do not have an HD-decoder, including HD “ready” sets that don’t have an external or built-in digital decoder.

Jahbig said:
Sony XBR-800 "40" CRT: PQ; 4 out of 5...also the problems I see in VoOm, I've also
seen worst in my cable provider--Adelphia...

Sweet, you have the new model. I have the XBR700. I think it's the same except you have a memory card slot in the front and I don't.

I have a Samsung 47" HDTV, but my preferred setup is definitely my Panasonic AE700U at 9 FEET! :D

trm17118 said:
61" Samsung DLP.
What really shines (and you can readily tell) is when you have something filmed with HD cameras, edited with HD equipment and broadcast with sufficient bandwidth, example Discovery HD Theater, Rave or Eauator. Sometimes a lizard in the Amazon in HD can really remind you of why you spent so much on a TV.

Thats what I have always said, but I had one guy on the HDTV newsgroup telling me how full of it I was. He said that film has much greater resolution than HDTV can deliver and film scanned to HD is as good. I didn't argue with the guy, but I am glad somebody else agrees with me.

--Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)