Poll : What will DISH do with the new space?

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
More crap (Locals and Internation chanels)
More HD (StarzHD, ESPN2HD, etc..)
LILHD (please no)
Nothing

The Clock Channel (Both Analog and Digital Versions)
The Paint Drying Channel
The Grass Growing Channel

All 100% compelling content. :D

hopefully they prove us all wrong and get some more hd. i don't know if they will be directv to the punch, since their is no telling how long the approval will take for the voom satellite.

I want more HD but I fear they will wait 18 months and use it to get out of their two dish locals mess.........

BobMurdoch said:
I want more HD but I fear they will wait 18 months and use it to get out of their two dish locals mess.........

i see it that way as well. in a way, i am kind of cheering dish on, because i did have good times with them for the first three years and i prefer their guide over cable.

Fireplace Channel
Fishtank channel
Birdbath channel
and the ultimate...

Closeups of Animals with a Wide Angle Lens channel

They will probably go for launching the rest of the local channel markets so they can advertise that EVERYBODY has their local channels. This means that everyone would get charged for locals in their packages whether they want them or not. That is a given. More basic/movie HD stations after that seeing how there would probably be more of a market for that than local HD at the current time seeing how adding more basic/movie HD stations would bring more HD channels than just adding local HD's.

One way to NOT have locals is to pay for you package yearly but then you can’t get a movie value pack. Well, at lest I couldn’t when I paid yearly.

Jim

Starz Max TMC HD channels

THey could probably add these at no extra cost. I would think they are included in the premium packs anyway.

Also how cool would it be if they added INHD1 and 2.

Beat D* to the punch.

The wacky thing about all of this is that if they were to simply add all the network HD like D* does now along with stated plans to add LILHD and if the 2wire box actually works correctly out of the box (which is something I am starting to believe it might because of 2wire's reputation, certainly not dish's reputation). Then it would truly be a level playing field :shocked but at this stage there are too many unknowns and too many moving pieces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts