polorizer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
While I am waiting for my new 4D,I am still watching the analog channels. This morning I discovered that the polorizer is not switching and I dont have skew adjustment on the installation menue. (only dish adjustment). Now if I am getting the even channels and go to installation set up and go to a odd channel while still in installation and not adjust any thing it switchs to odd channels and then I cant get the even. So is it my old 4D or the servo motor. (if its the servo motor seems like it wouldnt switch when I go to the installition mode) Where did my skew adjustment go on installation. also why doed it switch in installation mode?
Thanks John

Yes, the 920 and 922 can use an LNBf which controls polarity via voltage instead of mechanical means. Make sure you have settings according to what tdti1 stated.

There is also a "step" option that you might want to use if you like to hit channel up and down a lot. Step will make your channel up/down go to the next channel on the same polarity. When it gets to the last channel on that polarity it will switch and then start running through the channels on the other polarity. Thus, it will save some wear and tear on the polarotor because you'll be flipping through a whole mess of channels without making the polarotor move.

Old 4D caused the trouble

While I was trying to figure out the problem, my new 4D came and that fixed the polorizer problem. I guess when the battery went bad it affected that too in the old one. I noticed that my old remote control also operates my new 4D(I like the old one better) I guess in time I will find out if the old one is missing any functions.
Thanks for input, John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)