Poltergeist on Monsters HD

shy_guy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
I am watching Poltergeist on Monsters HD, and I noticed what appears to be an error in the film. In the kitchen, when Carol Ann is sliding across the floor, the scene changes, mid-sentence, to the neighbor's house, and begins mid-sentence!

I did a little research and the only explanation seems to be that Pizza Hut was going to sue MGM for the line, "I hate Pizza Hut." so they cut it.

I just can't believe that a movie that is that good was butchered in that way for such a stupid reason. Do you guys know anything about this?

I haven't seen it yet although I have it recorded on the DVR. Does the cut look really bad or is it a slight annoyance?

I am watching Poltergeist on Monsters HD, and I noticed what appears to be an error in the film. In the kitchen, when Carol Ann is sliding across the floor, the scene changes, mid-sentence, to the neighbor's house, and begins mid-sentence!

I did a little research and the only explanation seems to be that Pizza Hut was going to sue MGM for the line, "I hate Pizza Hut." so they cut it.

I just can't believe that a movie that is that good was butchered in that way for such a stupid reason. Do you guys know anything about this?

Yes, that's been in there from the original release.

In the original release "I hate Pizza Hut" was there. I saw it and heard it with my own eyes! Saw this movie opening day. I still think it's (in best "comicbookguy" voice) the best haunted house movie ever!

In the original release "I hate Pizza Hut" was there. I saw it and heard it with my own eyes! Saw this movie opening day. I still think it's (in best "comicbookguy" voice) the best haunted house movie ever!

I think the original "The Haunting" from 1963 is the scariest haunted house movie ever made. The Haunting (1963)

You never SEE a ghost, but you hear them, and psychologically, the director builds up the suspense in your mind, and then hits you over the head with it. Try watching it at night, uncut, in the dark!

If you need additional thrills, watch the original "The legend of Hell House" right after it! The Legend of Hell House (1973)

Yes awsome movie I thought about staying up to watch it. The most freakiest part is most of the main people have died from weird things in real life.

I think the original "The Haunting" from 1963 is the scariest haunted house movie ever made. The Haunting (1963)

I'll give it a try. But notice I did not say "scariest movie ever". My personal "scariest" is still Alien. :)

But the one thing I liked about Poltergeist: NO ONE DIED, was hacked up, eaten, dismembered, mutilated (for real), or mangled.

I view the horror/thriller movie genre like I do hot sauce. I love tobasco. But Dave's Insanity Sauce is too much.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts