Poor signal quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunshine man

Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
I have FTA receiver BEC 2000, used to have signal quality of 65, two weks ago thunder storm and lightening hit and lost all signals, replaced LNB(not universal) and now i get signal quality of 38 but the strength is 75, have tried adjusting the dish, purchased esatellite tuning device and still can not get signal more than 45 and no picture, need help

I would check all cable ends, snip them off and replace them if you can! Remove any switches or ground blocks to see if there is a problem with them!

replacing the cable ends worked! Now my signal quality is from 60-65, depending on the chanels i pick up from Telestar 5, i have noticed that some frequencies are strugling to reach 50 in quality level!
I have changes my LNB set up to KU band type, since i am not using a universal one anymore, i have a low db lnb rated @ .3db, picture quality could be better.
So, guys, little more help and i am there 100%

is the skew of the LNB maybe off a little bit? Try twisting the LNB clockwise/counterclockwise.

Otherwise maybe the dish moved slightly. If you can see the TV screen and work the dish go out and "flex" the dish (leave bolts locked and push on the arm in all directions a little bit)...see if the signal changes. If it does, then loosen the bolts a little bit and move dish

sunshine man said:
replacing the cable ends worked!

COOL!

Also try moving the LNBF closer and further away from the dish in its holder while watching signal quality :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)