Poor Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Sometime last year when G5 was operational I began to have problems with the vertical transponders. The video is very poor, lot of sparklies and interference. The horizontals are fine. I have aligned the dish, adjusted the LNBs, which are new as of the fall of 03, had my satellite man check it, to no avail. All of the other satellites are fine, no matter what polarity they are on. We are buffaloed. They we decided that G5 had been in service since '92 and was nearing the end of it's life and that was the problem. Low and be hold when G12 replaced it in January of 05, everything was perfect. About a month or so ago I got up one morning and everything was back just like it was. Any suggestions? :(

Get a bigger dish :)
Other than that I have no clue, 8.5 is 2 deg complient, but for C-band bigger is always better, funny how its only Galaxy-12 did you play with the skew finetune and the lnb offset? does your satellite man have a spectrum analyzer? is there anything in the way of this bird, trees or anything? hope you can have this problem fixed...

hmmmmmmm could it possibly be the cabling to your polarotor? An "intermittant" break in the cabling could cause this. When on other sats. the polarotor is getting power, but when you move the dish to g12 the "break" occurs and the polarotor stops working. Try this: when on a horizontal polarity channel (on g12) tell the reciever to swap polarity to verticle, you should see significant signal degraditation. If not, then the polarotor isnt working right. If that happens, then its time to run some new wiring.

I done a little messing around and have noticed that TBS on TP 6 is the only one that won't come in very good. All other verticals, with a little adjusting come in decent to good. Any ideas on why only TP 6 is the giving me trouble? Lots of static and sparkles and I really have to work to get it watchable. I also have noticed that the horizontals are in good with the dish set at 6631, when I change to a vertical, they come in, then when I bump the dish up to 6337 they come in real good. When I am bumping the signal goes out at 6634 comes back in real good when it gets to 6637. This what confusses me, once I get any of the other satellites zeroed in, I can go from channel to channel and never have to adjust anything. What goes? :confused:

Diamond Jim said:
I done a little messing around and have noticed that TBS on TP 6 is the only one that won't come in very good. All other verticals, with a little adjusting come in decent to good. Any ideas on why only TP 6 is the giving me trouble? Lots of static and sparkles and I really have to work to get it watchable. I also have noticed that the horizontals are in good with the dish set at 6631, when I change to a vertical, they come in, then when I bump the dish up to 6337 they come in real good. When I am bumping the signal goes out at 6634 comes back in real good when it gets to 6637. This what confusses me, once I get any of the other satellites zeroed in, I can go from channel to channel and never have to adjust anything. What goes? :confused:
Have you try adjust the frequency a bit higher or lower on that TP.

TI filter "ON" works. It's not a perfect picture on TBS, but it's a lot better than it was. I adjusted the frequiencies until I was blue in the face. Turned on the TI for every TP and they all come it much better. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)