portable dish help

Rand

Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Thanks for any advice or suggestions. I am with dish and when I go on the road a few times a year I take my bedroom 522 dvr and a portable dish and do the set up where ever I am. I have a living quarters horse trailer. So I am thinking about switching to direct tv to save about $450 over the next 2 years. Is there any reason I would not be able to do the same with directtv? That is take a dish and tripod and just my bedroom directtv receiver and be able to get tv? Thanks for the help.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions. I am with dish and when I go on the road a few times a year I take my bedroom 522 dvr and a portable dish and do the set up where ever I am. I have a living quarters horse trailer. So I am thinking about switching to direct tv to save about $450 over the next 2 years. Is there any reason I would not be able to do the same with directtv? That is take a dish and tripod and just my bedroom directtv receiver and be able to get tv? Thanks for the help.
Do you already have D* equipment, what is it?

A 522 is a SD DVR so with D* you would use a SD DVR and a 18" dish to get the equivalent of a dish 500 and 522. I don't know how that setup would save you $450 but the 18" dish would be easier to setup.

Now if you want to go HDTV with a SLIMLINE dish it will be more difficult than the SD setup, just look at the size of the dish you need to store in the horse trailer without damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)