Portable Hard Drive without External Power works on Hopper

So far as I can judge, there is no file fragmentation on the EHD. It will not let you do the transfer if there is not enough contiguous free space for the whole file.

Let's say you have 10GB "available" and try to transfer a 2GB, it may not go because of the fragmentation of the free space when it looks for a place to put it. That does not happen on a new disk, only on those with programs deleted and new added. The internal disk and most modern computer systems do provide extension blocks--not so on the EHD's EXT3 system, AFAIK. The only "defrager" that we have is to copy the files/programs to a new empty one.

Typical storage is 1.3 to 2GB/hr for MPEG-4, 4 to 7GB/hr for full-channel MPEG-2 as in OTA without sub-channels. I've had problems with change in PBS broadcast here even with local-into-local (LIL) programs. It went from 6-7GB/hr OTA to 2GB/hr with LIL and now that LIL is back to 6GB/hr even with 1 sub-channel. This is hard on my archive.

-Ken

Terminology may be the end of us.

I do see a lot of cases where the available size is much bigger than the new file but it will not go.

Has someone found a way to find the size of files on either the internal or the EHD or both, please?

Well I've not gotten an iPad or even an Android--I live in my MacBook.

So is it available on RA or other web access? It should be through the menus.

Well on the 722 it would have been nice without having to attach an EHD.

Is there a (Hopper) app for it? To paraphrase a commercial.

-Ken

Well I've not gotten an iPad or even an Android--I live in my MacBook.

So is it available on RA or other web access? It should be through the menus.

Well on the 722 it would have been nice without having to attach an EHD.

Is there a (Hopper) app for it? To paraphrase a commercial.

-Ken

Try going into the DVR folder and highlight an event,press select and choose EDIT. I think I saw the file size there but I'm not certain and I'm not at home to verify.

I have to correct my blunder below. :(

We know this because we can rip programs off the EHD of earlier Dish receivers...

I meant to type that we can rip programs off the internal disk of earlier Dish receivers. If anybody can decrypt the programs on an EHD, I don't know about it.