Portland OR networks to disappear?

goldengoose

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I am a RV er who will be losing distants possibly in the near future.

Customer service offered a trial of locals from Portland OR for when we are at the house (about 10% of our time)

In the guide we see channels 9833-9839-- they say "Temporary home for Portland and info on those channels it says PORTLAND distant channel that will be replaced soon???

We also see channels 2-49 mirror of the same and the same channels at 8670-8680

I thought the idea of getting the Portland OR channels was to have something at least part of the time when the other distants are turned off. If Portland is our legal local what's with the message in the guide on channels 9833-9839??? The other channels 8670-8680 or 2-49 do not say anything about temporary home on the guide.

So when we are home we can see the channels and watch the TV but wondering about the message in the 9833-9839. Will all Portland OR channels disappear or just 9800 range? I didn't think they were considered distant channels???

We can not view any of the Portland channels when we are in the RV but I guess thats normal. We can still see NY and LA in RV and have contacted our congress about that issue.

The Portland Network channels are also offered to some regional subscribers which supposedly qualified for Distant Networks. Those customers will lose the channels by Dec. 1 unless some emergency ruling occurs. You will not lose a local channel subscription.

The Portland locals were moved from 119 to 110 satelites. The channels in the 8600 range are broadcast from 110 on a spot beam and will not disappear. The channels in the 9600 range are on sat 119 and will go away. If you are in range of the spot beam, you will not loose your local channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)