POS 811 acting up again

jdpdata

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
For the last couple days everytime I turn on 811 in my bedroom it would go straight to "acquiring signal" then try to download PG but it just sit for about 5 minutes and never download anything then goes back to "acquring signal". :mad: I have factory reset twice and hard boot twice...nothing change.

What the hell is going on? :confused: I hate this damn thing. The 942 in the living is behaving perfectly.

I have had the same problem with mine. Dish thought somthing may be grounded wrong but I have not had the time to have someone check it out. Check to see if your unit has been experiencing signal loss. That is what seems to be going on with mine where Ill be away for a few days and return to see that its lost 2 of the satellites for some time and wont get them back. For whatever reason, and I have no idea why this is, if I put my 811 either on the other line or bring my other receiver onto the 811 line and then hook the 811 back upin its original spot everything works for about 4-6 weeks before it starts up again. I already got a new 811 from Dish and its the same problem so maybe you are having an issue like I am.

My 811 with P330 has sound/video sync problems again. I reboot fixes it for awhile but it slowly comes back. Changing channels does not fix it. It happens on that one also, or all of them until a reboot.

I had the same problem with an 811 for a couple weeks. Finally called a rep with some decent ideas. Basically, do you have other Dish boxes? If so, unplug them all. Reset the 811 and see if it works. Mine went from seeing 1/2 of one satellite to seeing a full 3 satellites. He claims static in the lines will build up. If this is a common occurance, I hope this information will make it out a bit more.

I had a strange issue last night, I was watching an OTA channel and had a timer set for RaveHD at 8 PM, when the timer fired, I got a screen saying the OTA signal was not available so it did not change channels and my recording got hosed. It's a good thing Voom is replaying it's shows a lot otherwise I would not have half the recordings that I do have since so many of them are being screwed up by my 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)