Poseidon on HBO HD

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I watched this movie last night on HBO HD (DishNetwork). Again, HBO did the bad job of cropping the hell out of this movie. It is just a lost cause why HBO does not leave the picture alone in its OAR. It would have been so cool. This movie in HD DVD or BR should be look espectacular. This remake is a well known story of those that have seen the original. We have great performances of various actors like Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss among others. I am not going to bore you with the story but there are two things about this movie that are excellent. One is the 5.1 audio digital sound. Oh this brings your attention to your home-theater. There are lots lof actions and explosions and turbulent water all over the place that keeps you in suspense throughout the movie.

Second thing is the moment in which the boat flips over. This is a fantastic work of art. Watching this huge boat flipped over and the various cuts made which allow you to view how the boat flips over. Some of it you could see the fakeness of it but overall the special effects were done very well. I watched the scene twice because I enjoyed a lot. I will give this movie a 2.5 star over all but it is a good action/adventure movie to watch with your teenager children. Rated PG.

Sean - is the DVD in OAR?

I too thought the film showcased a lot for Home theatre. I understand what you are saying about the cropping, but wasn't paying that close attention.

At the beginning of the movie it was OAR (with the credits) which tells you that the movie should been presented OAR. I am sure the DVD is OAR as well.

At the beginning of the movie it was OAR (with the credits) which tells you that the movie should been presented OAR. I am sure the DVD is OAR as well.

YES. I remember now. Very observant! I still liked it. I generally don't mind when it fills the screen, with my 34" HDTV the black bars shrink it a bit more than I'd notice if I had Fergie's 70" screen. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)