Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Hello.

After reading Brian's thread about the different LNBF comparison, I decided to exchange the Invacom QPH-031 with my old Invacom SNH-031 just to see what would be the quality difference between the two of them.

After instaling the Invacom SNH-031 on the same spot of the dish where the Invacom QPH-031 was, and without moving the dish it shows the following message "Positioner Setting" and no picture or sound appears at all. Replace the Invacom QPH-031, everything is alright. Tried this twice with the same results.

Installed another Ku LNB (GKF-668) and it works fine, just like the QPH-031.

What exactly does generate this "Positioner Setting", and any idea why would the Invacom SNH-031 generate this message when the dish is still in the same location as before. Does anyone believe that the Invacom SNH-031 LNBF might be defective. The plastic facing is defenitetly cloudy, but I not see this causing the above message

Any comment or advice is appreciated on this problem.:(

Thank You.

the SNH-031 LNB is a universal LNB....the QPH-031 is a standard LNB....you will need to change the LNB type and freq settings in your antenna setup menu to reflect this....

the SNH-031 requires LNB freq 10600 and 22khz setting turned on, try setting to standard and use those settings

Last edited:
Avenger,

You do understand that the SNH-031 is a UNIVERSAL LNBF? So you will have to change the LNB L.O. setting to match it. If you hadn't changed this, the receiver would detect a signal so it might think that your dish is not properly aligned and present the message "positioner setting", but I am not familiar with your receiever so I am not certain.

RADAR

Mikey11 and Radar,

Thanks for the responses. Before actually changing the LNB setting, decided to clean all the connections just in case this would help. Proceeded to the changing of the LNB settings and found out that somehow it was necessary to chage the settings in my Fortec Lifetime Ultra (FLU) to "Universal1", which instead of just 10600 setting, it had to be set to 9750/10600 in order for the Invacom SNH-031 to work properly, go figure.

So far everything seems to be working fine with the Invacom SNH-031 and the FLU. I cannot see any improvement or difference between the Invacom SNH-031 and the Invacom QPH-031.

avenger.

Mikey11 and Radar,

Thanks for the responses. Before actually changing the LNB setting, decided to clean all the connections just in case this would help. Proceeded to the changing of the LNB settings and found out that somehow it was necessary to chage the settings in my Fortec Lifetime Ultra (FLU) to "Universal1", which instead of just 10600 setting, it had to be set to 9750/10600 in order for the Invacom SNH-031 to work properly, go figure.

So far everything seems to be working fine with the Invacom SNH-031 and the FLU. I cannot see any improvement or difference between the Invacom SNH-031 and the Invacom QPH-031.

avenger.

If you use the Standard setting at 10600, you'll have to manually go in and turn on 22k switching. With the Universal 9750/10600 setting, 22k is automatic.

Avenger,

Some IRD's have the option to set the L.O. to "UNIVERSAL" (being spelled out) or as a numerical dual band selection of "9.750/10.600". Some IRD's have both options listed. With either option, the 22 KHz tone should operate in AUTO mode (the tone will automatically be ON when the high band L.O. is required and OFF when the low band L.O. is required). This will be triggered by the frequency of the TP that you tune for. That is written into the programming of the IRD for a universal type LNB selection.

If your IRD doesn't have three options for the 22 KHz tone operation (i.e. ON/OFF/AUTO) then I set it to ON as that is probably akin to AUTO (or enable). I am not sure that this is a requirement in all cases, but when in doubt, I opt for the ON selection to be sure.

However, if you select the single L.O. frequency option of 10.600 GHz when a universal (dual band) LNB is connected, the software program won't know that the 22 KHz tone needs to be ON or OFF (it won't turn the tone ON automatically). So, you need to set it to ON yourself.

Utilizing a universal LNB in the latter manner (just accessing the hi band L.O. only) is unorthodox. Why have a univeral LNB if you are not going to let it operate to its full potential? This may, however, have some potential troubleshooting purposes. It is an option that is open to you, but it is unlikely to ever be needed.

Don't fret over your double post. It happens to all of us for some weird and quirky reason. You click to post or submit and it registers it twice (I think it is our internet service).

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)