Possessed 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I just got my 811 about a week ago. It has been fine, but my father and I were watching ESPN last night the the receiver kept changing to CSPAN (or some other channel like that, I don't remember exactly). Anybody else had this problem? I figured my dad had hit some button, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Maybe someone in the vacinity has a dish uhf pro remote to the same address as you and likes to watch c-span?

Change your remote address...

How do you change the remote address? Actually that could be it because my neighbor just got E* installed a couple days ago and I know that when I was over there before he was watching news. That is very possible. How far do the remotes reach?

I'll bet that your neighbor is having the same problem. :)

The procedure to change the remote's address is in the manual. I had to do that when I got my 2nd 811.

I'll ask my neighbor if his tv kept mysteriously changing to ESPN-HD last night. That's actually kind of humurous. Both of us changing eachother's tvs and neither one of us knowing what's going on.

if this is the case just have your neighbor unplug his uhf antenna in the back go back to your tv get to the system info screen press and hold sat it will blink, press a number, 12 always seems like one no one else picks press the # button, the sat light will blink 3 times, press record and it will change your address. Call up your neighbor and have him plug in his UHF antenna and enjoy

Is there any way to check your remote address? That way I could check mine and his and see if that is the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)