Possible cause of Smiths choking death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I have heard that Smith had died from choking on her own vomit in her sleep, if its true I have had a few instances of acid reflux cause acid to come up in my throat and get in my airway waking me up abruptly and send me into a choking / coughing spasm for two minutes making it difficult to breathe.

Another thing that Im surprised that they havent looked at is that there is a warning on the trimspa boxes that you must take the pills with enough water or they will expand and cause you to choke.

She had a fridge full of methadone, which can cause vomiting, she got too high and fell asleep and was so doped up, not even common reflexes could help her, where normally one would wake right up and expel the vomit, her nervous system was so paralyzed, she stayed on her back, and choked.

hmmm, I hadnt payed much atention to the case after the first weekend but I was surprised to see what the warning label said on the box of trimspa x32.

Well I think she must have considering that she wasnt a physicaly active person. Oh and cnn reported today that the medical examiner will release the cause of her death sometime this week.

Van your acid reflux can over time cause cancer of esphoajus.. sp?

get checked by a doctor its a serious risk

No disrespect toward the gold-diggin', drug abusin', slut-whore Ms. Smith, but it seems to me that she probably choked to death while inhaling too much man sausage. Seriously, why is this crap in the national news? Why is this crap STILL in the national news? Ugh! Her death, while tragic, should serve as a 15 second sound-byte on how not to live a life.

i still say her lawyer knows the system too well. He knows drugs well, he wrote the will, and he knows hollywood relationships don't last, and neither would the money. Those types of accidents are usually rare, but all of a sudden they happened within a ridiculously short period of time, within the same family, to all the people that these riches would have gone to. EXCEPT the lawyer, the husband, of how long?

VAN- try tagamet OTC. If you need, get a prescription. They'll rotate you thru Tagamet, aciphex, prilosec and prevacid, maybe others as well. Worked for me. But prevacid works best. I won't go back to prilosec if I can avoid it. Err- unfortunate side effects.

Don't just live with it, especially if you ever have spasms and can't swallow for a few minutes, or expel yellow thick fluid.

Yea really, what was Anna nicole? A perfect example of someone who was able to get by on just her looks alone!

Its just sad when a drug addict with no education has more money than I ever will!

She doesn't have any money now. And you're still here, using oxygen!

Anna with no money now...? Are we sure...? (Reminds me of a Playboy cartoon years ago of an old geezer driving his Caddy convertible through the pearly gates, buxom blonde - Anna? - in the front seat and golf clubs and bags of cash in the back: "...here we always just ASSUMED you couldn't take it with you...!")

I was "watching" some of the daytime TV junk a day or two after Smith's death (long story) and they were replaying clips from her trial re: the estate. Talk about "thick as a brick"...! While I don't wish her kind of fate on anyone, I'm glad that there's at least hope now that her name will disappear from the news. I can't believe we Americans have a penchant for this kind of crap...

Last edited:
Wait, she may actually have money or rather her only living air may have money atleast that was what was going around on some of the news stations a few days ago. From what I caught the case involving her late husbands estate and finances still hasnt been settled wich if thats true would then mean that her child may be a multi millionaire to the extent of $450 million per the figures that were being discussed. H.K. Stern does know the legal system and I bet he does know drugs or has access to someone that does and would stand to gain / loose a great deal depending on the paternity of the little girl wich is also another issue still pending.

True enough she didnt have anything to go on except for her looks and well I doubt that any straight man would turn her down if she walked up to them in a bar and said ( choose your favorite pick up line ). She's news wether its being a dumb blonde or being drunk or marrying a man 60 years her senior or ballooning up or what have you but its still big news now because she did die young and by strange circumstances.

I rarely have acid reflux as compared to what I used to have years ago. It used to be stress related and was bad towards the end of my taking care of my grandmother and only really came back last year during my last few months of working for dish. I have a bad habit of eating dinner before I go to bed and if I eat something like pizza or a spicey dish it can happen.

Van - I completely relate to your indigestion situation. Mine started at an early age and got progressively worse, but also more predictable. I never had an Rx for it, and I really resent the Prilosec/Nexxium kind of thing ("Here take this for the rest of your life. It's very expensive but what are you worried about? You don't have to pay for it, you have insurance...!") I'm not a dr. or a medical professional, and I did not sleep at Holiday Inn Express last night, so take this all in stride. I understand that constant indigestion is a possible precusor for esophageal cancer, but I have to think that the "cure" is not any kind of Rx medicine, but rather stopping the reflux, and I have a means for that...!

I don't take anything regularly. When I have "sinned" like you described (ate a big meal, or late, or anything containing tomatos or grease after about 5PM) then I will take a very inexpensive "Equate" (Wal*Mart brand) acid controller pill as preventive measure. That works for me 100% of the time. They are famotodine 10mg, IIRC. The only time I have any problem is when I forget my own routine! The pills are about $15 for 90, IIRC, and those will last me 6-9 months. I keep them at home, at work, and in my car in case I feel anything coming or, or am about to overindulge. It might work for you, and you certainly have ready access to the product, probably at a discount...! Good luck with, and do ask a dr. for his advice...

Last edited:
haha, I hear ya and I should be more dilegent about taking better care of myself when it comes to what I eat. I had been eating really good there while my wife and daughter were out of town, panera bread has a great salad called california mission chicken that tastes great and I would get green tea along with it. During the three months they were gone I lost 15lbs just by eating better and not eating late and ontop of the work I do I lost another 10lbs and gained more energy.

I have to change how I eat as well. My cholesterol is at 240, with my HDL being 41. I'm worried right now because my liver enzymes came back high, and they took more blood yesterday to run more tests. I really hope they come back normal, as I fear dying of anything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)