possible Dish blackout

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

h0m3rs1mps0n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
I heard it through the grapevine that Dish Network is having problems with Rainbow Media in their contract re-negotiations.

Quite a few channels are affected, including some digital locals which would cause customers to lose certain Bowl games.

They have until tonight at 11:59pm PST to reach resolution. If not, the channels will be blacked out until they reach new contract terms.

Some channels listed that would be affected:
AMC
Fuse
IFC
W/E (women's entertainment)
8 or so Fox sports regional networks

This is the best list I have at the moment and I'm not sure which locals would be affected by this.

So if you lose some channels tonight at midnight, now you know why.

Dish does not keep things like this a secret. Can find no legitimate source to verify your information. Go Phish somewhere else.

NightRyder

h0m3rs1mps0n said:
Quite a few channels are affected, including some digital locals which would cause customers to lose certain Bowl games.
E* does not carry digital locals (other than one or two .2 channels). E*'s locals are the analog signal.

Perhaps if your "source" can get the facts straight they will be believable?

JL

What locals would Rainbow Media own anyway??

One suggestion I would make for the original poster would be if you're going to post something like this please post a link to the source as well.

wow so many doubters and haters on here. glad to see that i guess...

Anyways - the information I received before was by word - not any official document. We got the document from Dish (I work for a reseller). I had a phone call from Dish about this and its what they told me. Having now received a fax from Dish about it (6 pages total) here are the channels listed as affected:
AMC - channel 130
Fuse - channel 158
IFC - channel 131
W/E (women's entertainment) - 128

MSG - channel 412
Fox Bay Area - channel 419
Fox cincinnati - channel 427
Fox Florida - channel 423
Fox New England - chanel 435
Fox New York - channel 413
Fox Ohio - channel 425

I think my contact got a little uppity because I don't see anything about any bowl games missing on the info they sent to me (just college basketball and NBA games) during jan 1st to jan 9th. But I'm not a college sports person so I don't know if any of these channels (the sports ones) show bowl games or not.

BTW she was the one that told me locals were going out, I was just relaying the early info I received. Don't shoot the messenger =P

hey look you guys can doubt - thats fine.

Excuse the hell outta me for sending info out as I was getting to give people a head's up.

In the future when I get info, I'll make sure to not pass it on and sit and laugh while people post why they are losing channels.

Very interesting that CVC and Dish are having a dispute... One has to wonder if Dish and VOOM are having a fight and it is spilling over into the rest of the businesses... I guess that this would indicate that Dish and VOOM are not close to any deal or they would be buddy buddy and be glossing over any rate disputes. Maybe Echostar lowballed a offer for VOOM so low that CVC was insulted and is making life hard for Echostar in other areas.

I am in no way doubting you. I would never do that. You had mentioned locals and Rainbow Media and I was just curious which ones they owned. Also I was merely making a suggestion so that in the future there wouldn't be doubters doubting you.

By the way, I don't think I ever properly welcomed you to Satelliteguys. Shame on me.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

i am glad i don't care to much about those channels. thanks for the info and everyone should cool down until scott finds something out.

Its cool. I'm not like super mad or anything.

I just didn't like all the hostility the second after I post something and see 'Staff Member' next to their names. Felt like because I wasn't in the club, I was getting picked on.

Looking at the original info I posted though (which was not really too accurate), I could see why people are being skeptical.

Unfortunately my contact at Dish is gone for the day so I don't know if they've reached an agreement or not. I guess I'll find out at 2am (CST here) if someone calls my cell.

dispatcher_21 said:
Rainbow Media owns Fox sports net? I didnt know that, I always thought Fox owned them. You learn something new everyday.

Rainbow owns the ones mentioned, which used to be Sportchannel's (ala Sports Channel ohio etc...) before they took on the Fox Sports Branding.