Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But more to the point, my post only states that there has to be a time-line from sat launch to light up.
I guess I was confused by your first paragraph in post #8 where you stated the following:
ScoBuck said:
...you better believe there is a 'inside' date. And THAT is the ONLY date that really matters...

I have seen some satellites take only 3 weeks from the time they are launched to the time they are online, and then I have seen some satelites which have taken almost 3 months from the time of launch before it was online.

I don't know why some satellites dont take much time to turn them around and make them ready, while others seem to take forever.

Spaceway 1 and 2 each took longer than the norm for sure. One was 'borrowed' for a time by HUGHES for testing of the broadband capabilities. Both were new orbital postions, both used a new frequency, SW1 was the first D* sat to use MPEG4 commercially, D* was using new ground facilities for the first time, and so on.

Even in todays D* investor conference call, Chase confirmed that they 'expect' (providing no problems of course) DIRECTV10 to be providing programming by September.

Probably going to be 4-8 weeks from launch for in-orbit setup and testing, and then the beginning of the HD National roll-out - beginning with the 20 or so already lit and not yet carried, and adding channels in the 4th quarter as they begin operation.

That the way I understood it! I'd say it the link is right on with the Directv Tech's info! Again believe it or not! I bet there will be a price increase next year!

Oh - and NO price increase.
Really? Do you believe ANY company is going to spend 100 million per satellite and not recoup their investment? D* is not an HD charity event!! They want to make money!! They will raise prices !!

I can't believe in such naivity - if it wasn't matter, DTV wouldn't attract attention to itself by posting half misleading info early.
They doing that for expand customer's population, gather more money NOW - that's simple matters.

I'm sure once the new HD launches they will have a ton of new customers. Why would they lie ?? So they can get sued some more.I've seen progress with HD from Directv .I've yet to NOT get something they have confirmed on doing! What ,Do you think they aren't giving us these claims of HD?

Really? Do you believe ANY company is going to spend 100 million per satellite and not recoup their investment? D* is not an HD charity event!! They want to make money!! They will raise prices !!

Eventually sure. But they announced today that the price for HD access will not be going up when the new sat lights up.

They have been making that money for two years now by charging us $10 for 5 channels of HD

Jimbo

I'm floored with all those that say that the new HD channels are not going to be there ....
If they are spending that kind of money, don't you think they will surely make sure it is going to happen ?

as for Scott mentioning 60 HD channels, I'll take it, it's a start and 6 times what we currently have.

There have been lists posted at alot of different site quoting the channels that D* will have up.
Many channels are waiting till D*'s sats are up till the start broadcasting, so D* will be where these new channels will first be seen.
Q. Why would ANY channels go HD, without having anywhere to be shown ?

Jimbo

They have been making that money for two years now by charging us $10 for 5 channels of HD

Jimbo
HD channel providers charge about a buck a channel ( they are not free). Prices will increase when they add all those channels

HD channel providers charge about a buck a channel ( they are not free). Prices will increase when they add all those channels
Of course they charge, but by your thought process we are looking at a $60 plus a month increase, I don't think so.

If we believe your statement then E*'s loosing money on every HD package subscriber since they charge $20 for 27 HD channel, I really doubt that. The D* brass was asked point blank if the price would increase when they added all the channels later this year he said no, sounds fairly clear to me.

as for Scott mentioning 60 HD channels, I'll take it, it's a start and 6 times what we currently have.
I would take it too. :) and it WILL happen, it may not be on September 15th but we will get there!

Just some folks are expectiing September 15th to roll around and have 100 or 150 HD channels, and that just not going to happen.

If NOTHING else - I hope to see the end of the RSN HD coverage shenanigans on or near the first day these birds are lit. Shambles from the beginning, and something D* needs to clean up, pronto...

Honestly, I feel like the wait has been so long, I'll take just the RSN's CONUS and MPEG4 equivalents of the existing HD channels in the shorter term - that's a hefty channel count, and it improves the existing HD set tremendously (given my experience with MPEG4 from D* ).

I'm almost treating new national content as gravy. ALMOST. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts